Chapter 19: Are you okay?

Chapter 19

We were at park sitting on a bench.            

“Now, tell me”, Tom said.

“What should I tell you? Why I did it?” I wasn’t good at talking about my feelings.

“Tell me are you okay”, he said.

“Actually for the first time after what happened I honestly can say that I feel myself happy”, I answered telling the truth.

Tom took my hand and held it against his.

“I care about you. And I thought that one reason why you did it was because I treated you badly before I left”, he said.

“Oh no, Tom. We all get treated badly sometimes and that’s not why people try to do like I did. It’s just… in that moment I felt like I had lost my mind. I didn’t see any reason to live or who to live for. Of course the thing that I did to you made very sad, but that’s not all. Or maybe I have just always been this spoiled girl who can’t face the problems of the life”, I told him.

“You haven’t been spoiled. Don’t you remember? You told me about your early life. Your both parents died and you lived wherever you could. You got through so many hard things when you were young so maybe now when you’re older you have this obsession that everything goes perfectly”, Tom said and again he seemed so smart.

“And when few things went badly at the same time you felt like the whole world would stop. But from now on maybe you should just focus on the fact that you’ll always have your friends, Jared…. and me”, he continued.

I held his hand more tightly and looked him at eyes.

“Thank you, Tom. I really need a friend like you in my life”, I said and hugged him.

“Even though that friend would date your other friend?” he asked.

“What?” I surprised and looked at him while smiling.

“Lisa”, he said.

“Oh my god, I’m so happy for you! How did that happen?” I asked.

“You were in a hospital back then and I was still visiting your hotel. I didn’t know yet what had happened to you so I went to reception hall and asked did anyone know where you were. Then Lisa came and said that you weren’t there. She told me everything and without lying… I started to cry. She said that she hadn’t ever seen a man crying and that’s how our conversation started. I don’t really know about the end of the story. I just fell for her”, Tom told me and the way she described Lisa was something beautiful. I saw his eyes were sparkling just like Jared’s when he was looking at me.

“Are you okay with this?” he asked.

“I’m more than an okay. Lisa needs a man like you”, I answered and meant it.

“Actually I’m planning to surprise her and go to a picnic with her today. Would it be okay if she leaves middle of the day even though she should work?” Tom asked.

“Aww that is so cute from you Tom. Yes it would. I’ll not tell to a boss”, I answered and winked an eye.

It started feeling like everything was going to be okay.