Part 22

The Bear and Bow was the restaurant of the town owned by Jack's uncle Sandy. All the townspeople came and went. The food was decent and the decor was subtle and homey. Each of the four family's always celebrated here whether it was birthdays or good grades or not getting detention for a whole week. It was the perfect place to have Merida's acceptance party.

Merida was having an amazing time but something was tugging at the back of her mind. In a month or two Rapunzel and Jack wouldn't be on the same campus as her. It was great that she had Hiccup with her but who was going to force her to go shopping like Punze or prank the vice principal by putting whoopi cushions all over the office floor like Jack. Sure they would visit but she's heard stories about how friends often drift apart.

"Hey you okay?" Rapunzel asked her best friend.

"Yeah I was just thinking about the future." She replied.

"Hey it's going to be alright." Rapunzel assured her.

"Yeah we'll visit and you've got Hiccup." Jack said.

"I know it's just."

"Nope no just I promise you Merida all of us will be best friends ten years from now laughing at our high school reunion or college reunion for that matter, talking about the old days." Jack said.

"You promise?" Merida asked.

"Of course!" He said.

"Alright attention!" Elinor said.

"I just- well we just wanted to make a toast to you four." Elinor said

"To our children. All very different but alike in many ways. And congrats to them making it into their colleges!" Elinor toasted.

The combined tables cheered.

"Oh we have something for you guys too!" Rapunzel said.

"Oh yeah that's right!!" Merida said.

"What is it?" Mrs. Frost asked.

"You'll see mom." Jack said.

"Hiccup you're up first." Merida said.

"Alright, well dad I just wanted to say that I want to thank you for accepting who I am. I know it was tough not being the typical son but hey at least I like fixing up cars! That's manly right?" Hiccup joked as the group chuckled.

"Anyway I'm glad you've always been there for me and encouraged my interests. And I want to thank you for coming to everyone of my science fairs and thank you for letting me be me. Thanks for being a great dad." Hiccup finished.

"Come here son." Stoick said and wrapped Hiccup in a big hug.

"Now mom and dad it's my turn." Rapunzel said.

"Well you two have been the best parents a kid could have. Even though you said I had the grades to become a doctor or a rocket scientist you still were okay with me choosing to get my art degree. That means so much to me. Thank you for always being supportive of my choices and my dreams. I couldn't have done it without either if you." Rapunzel said.

"Oh sweetie that was lovely." Rapunzel's mother said.

"Alright party girl's turn." Jack said.

"Mum, Dad, I know I could be a little stubborn sometimes but you pushed me towards my goals. You two are part of the reason I'm going to the school of my dreams and why I have one of the highest grades in my graduating class. Thank you for pushing me and letting me do archery and sports and all the stuff that makes me happy." She finished.

"I'm going to miss ya lass." Fergus said.

"So am I, my little girl." Elinor said.

"Last but certainly not least mother Frost." Jack said.