Part 14

"Why are we going through Texas again?" Merida asked.

"Because I knew you would hate it." Jack replied

"Ugh well there's like nothing out here."

"Hey wait guys I think I see a bar over there. Can we please go I need a bathroom break." Rapunzel asked.

"Fine but no drinking we've had enough drunken incidents." Hiccup said.

"Agreed." They all said.

They got out of the car and went into the honkey tonk. Big tough ruffians were all over the place. Some were by the bar others near a mechanical bull. One man even had a hook for a hand. Rapunzel hid behind Jack. While Merida kept her wits about her looking confident and cautious. While Hiccup was just trying not to look one in the eye.

"What are kids like you doing in this place?" The hook man asked.

"We're taking a pit stop." Jack said

"Well you gotta pay a toll." The huge bartender said.

"I don't think I have to go anymore," Rapunzel squeaked.

"How much?"

"20 bucks each for tourists." Hook man replied.

"Ha not gonna happen." Merida stated.

"Well then you better get out of here."

"How about this, what's the record in this place for riding on that bull?" Merida asked.

"Two minutes and thirty two seconds."

"I bet twenty bucks and a free bathroom pass that I can beat it." She said

"Deal." He said.

"Mer what are you doing you've never done this and it could be dangerous." Hiccup said.

"Hiccup I did seven years of horseback riding I'll be fine and it looks like fun."

Merida got up on the machine and made herself comfortable.

"Now if you think we're gonna go easy on you because you're a girl you gotta another thing coming."

"Let her rip!" Merida shouted.

The bull starting jolting in all directions. Spinning, leaning, and thrashing. But Merida stayed on and held for dear life. She was having fun and before anyone knew it she was almost beating the record she had about twenty seconds left.

Finally 2:38 came on the clock and she was thrown off.

"Merida are you okay?" Hiccup said helping her up.

"Yeah just a bit dizzy." She replied still trying to regain balance.

"Well Scott, I'm impressed go ahead free bathroom passes." Hook man said.

They stayed in the bar for awhile singing karoake. Rapunzel really had an effect on the ruffians. She finally wasn't so afraid of them and like everyone they grew to become fond of her. Hook man told her the story about he dreams of becoming a concert pianist but due to his hook he doesn't think that'll happen.

Rapunzel comforted him saying she believe he'll find a way.

The ruffians even sang don't stop believing with Rapunzel for karoake.

"Should I be concerned or proud?" Jack whispered.

"She's just doing what she's always doing." Hiccup stated.

"What's that?" Jack asked.

"Making people adore her." Merida said. "I mean look at me, I never had girl friends until I met Rapunzel and to this day she's the only one I get along with."

"That's because you have terrible social skills but that okay so does hiccup match made in heaven."

Jack said.

"Hey!" Merida and Hiccup yelled.

"What?!"

Merida punches Jack in the arm.

"Ow! See bad social skills."

"Come on Punze we have to get going." Hiccup said.

"Aweeeee" the wholes bar whined

"It was so nice meeting all of you!" Rapunzel said.

"Bye Rapunzel" the whole bare whined ..

"Well where to next?" Jack Asked

"Who knows."