Chapter One

Ashley in the box

Ashley

I sat on the edge of the large messy bed and watched as Leon finished getting dressed. Once he did, he came over and leaned down for a kiss. I panicked slightly, knowing that with him it was a slippery slope. To him a kiss probably meant nothing, but to me it meant everything. It always led me to believe that it was all good when it wasn't.

I couldnt kiss him. At the last moment possible I held my hand up, mushing his head backward and making him stumble backward slightly. He didnt look shocked or angry, he just rolled his eyes.

" you wishy-washy as hell man." He mumbled.

I chuckled. " me? No, nigga thats you! You're the one in anger management, remember?"

" whatever." He turned his back to me and stalked toward the bedroom door. Throwing it open, Leon took one look back at me before stepping out and dissapearing down the hall.

I stood up, walking quietly toward the doorway so that I could peep out. I looked just in time to see him open the door to his guest bedroom. It was the bedroom that his friend Dryan had been occupying for weeks. I honestly didn't know much about Dryan to begin with other than the fact that he was one of Leon's closest friends and that he and his girlfriend had apparently broken up which was what had caused his current-and almost useless- state.

Leon did a pretty good job of keeping me seperate from his life, which both infuriated and pleased me.

" Ay!" Leon barked. I couldnt quite tell what was going on from my spot a few feet away but i could hear a lot of rustling. " get yo lazy, ugly ass up, bruh."

" leave me the fuck alone." That was Dryan. He had been in an intensely bad mood ever since he'd stumbled into Leon's apartment a few weeks earlier. He had been drunk and barely able to keep himself upright. That was my first encounter with him, and honestly I wished that it had been my last.

There was more noise from the bedroom, crashing this time before Leon emerged from the room with a scowl covering his handsome face. " if you not in my car in ten minutes we boxing nigga. That's on my mama."

" fuck you, bitch!"

He just laughed, coming back down the hall. Before he noticed me i slipped back into his bedroom and buisied myself with righting my clothes. Didn't matter how many times I tried to straighten my shirt though, it was ruined. Not only was it wrinkled, but in our sexual frustration the night before, Leon had taken it upon himself to rip it almost completely in half. What should have been a cute slit to show off a little clevage had somehow become a rip down to my belly button.

I shivered remembering the look in that man's eyes when he'd done it. And then he smirked, before smacking my ass and grumbling out to me that I was still his. God, that man-

The sound of the front door slamming closed caught me by surprise but was just what I needed to leave behind my line of thought. I pulled my t-shirt off and replaced it with one of Leon's before putting on my shoes and grabbing my purse.

Dryan and I met in the hallway. He stumbled, almost falling on top of me so I had to push against his chest firmly to keep us both up right. Looking at him up close I noticed that he was cute- would be even cuter if he wasnt hung over and wearing the previous nights clothes that were stained with only God knows what. And his wild and unkempt facial hair only added to his disshelved appearance.

" watch where the fuck you going." I snapped.

He chuckled before wincing only a moment later like he had an intensifying headache. " Oh my bad, Ms.Ashley. You look a lot like- Ayo you know who you look like? You look like one of my baby mamas. Yeah, that's who you look like."