Chapter Thirteen

Ashley

Leon showed up close to an hour after our phone call and barged in like the place was his. I'd spent the hour running a fine tooth comb through the words on the papers that Carmen had left on my desk for me.

The stack of papers, in its essence, was a proposal to expand the club. It was an idea that i had toyed with for a year or so but kept putting off because I knew that it meant more hours needed to be put in which would mean even less time with Raegan.

The first three or four pages were her actual proposal, after that were ten pages of possible locations, six pages that detailed the money aspect of it all, and the last twenty were for possible staff.

My head was full with potentially useful information, but when i saw Leon it all drifted away. " hey." I said.

He didnt respond right away. Instead he closed the door behind him and walked slowly over to my desk. I took the time to admire him. His tall, lean frame was clad in all black- black hoodie, black jeans, and black boots to match. The stud diamond earrings sparkling in each ear complimented the silver watch on his wrist which together complimented his bright teeth as he smiled.

Once he reached me, he lifted his hand and dropped a white plastic bag in front of me. It made a light thudding noise.

Through the almost translucent bag I could see two small stacks of neatly placed hundred dollar bills.

" your money." He said, taking a look around the office before his eyes came back to me.

I could feel my breathing becoming unsteady as i tried to keep a level head. It would have been easier- a lot easier- if I didn't already recognize the look of lust in his dark eyes.

Trying to keep my composure I reached for the bag, only to be met with his on top of mine.

" Leon..." I said his name quietly. I was still trying to forget the morning we had had, with the kisses and the touches... And him telling me 'not yet' at the end of it all hadn't helped.

" Ashley..." He mimicked my tone, dropping his sultry smirk for a moment to appear serious before allowing it to slide back onto his face. " what? You act like you not happy to see me."

" I'm a lot happier to see my money." I lied, snatching my hand from under his and standing. I opened the bag on my desk and took out the two stacks of the crisp bill before discarding the plastic bag into the garbage can next to my desk. " you can leave now."

" I know I can." He said smartly, but instead of taking the hint he rounded my desk, effectively blocking me in. I thought about pushing my chair from behind me and trying to make my escape that way but I knew he would catch me all the same. And I didn't want to fight it.

The bills in my hand were like my lifeline. The closer he got to me, the harder I clinched them and pressed then into my chest.

" dont you have something illegal to do?" I asked.

" i got six or seven illegal things that i could be doing but I'd rather do you." He grabbed my arm, not hard or overly aggresive but i still relinquished all control of my body over to him. My hands loosened on the money and it fell, fluttering down before landing in a pile at our feet.

" I just wanted to double check and make sure you still get that look in your eyes when I touch you."

" what look?"

He released me. " forget about that. I got this thing on Monday that i need to you come with me to." He said, backing up and going back around to the other side of my desk.