Chapter Twenty-Six

This chapter contains some sexual content but it's not too graphic. Enjoy.

Ashley

" I've been seeing the world in black and white for almost thirty years... I never expected to ever see anything differently. There's something about medication and therapy that just... changes shit." Leon's words cut through the silent night, drawing my attention from the people scurrying on the street below and back to him.

After an amazing dinner in the city, he'd taken me up on top of the two story restaurant and we sat on the ledge with our feet dangling over. Our hands were intertwined and we made small talk before that confession came.

" no more black and white?" I asked quietly.

" no more black and white." He confirmed, squeezing my hand gently. He continued to stare down at the busy streets below while I stared at his face. The city lights cast a shadow on him that allowed me to see every twitching muscle in his handsomely sculpted face.

" I think you're beautiful." I blurted out.

He smiled. " you always did know how to make a nigga feel special."

" I'm serious, Leon. When I look at you I see something... I don't know what it is but it's captivated me for years. You have an energy and a brightness about you that you can't even see but I see it. I see you. I see everything."

Leon was quiet for a moment before finally looking up at me. I wasn't sure if it was the dim lights reflecting off of his eyes or if their were tears forming but he looked on the verge of something.

" I can't believe I almost missed this. I almost missed the chance to be happy." He scuffed, almost as if in disbelief. " I've had this haze around me for my entire life and at times it's been so bad that it's consumed me. I never thought that I would even get to this place-ever. I never thought I would be alive. I wasn't supposed to make it but you- you saved my life. God, I hadn't thought about that shit in years and all of a sudden I wake up yesterday and it's all I can think about."

I was almost positive that Leon was referring to a particular instance that neither of us had ever spoken about. It was something that every time I thought about it, it brought me to tears. It had been years since that night, about four, and I still hadn't recovered. There was something about hearing a loud crash in the middle of the night and finding the love of your life hanging from your living room ceiling fan that was impossible to get over.

And the look in his eyes when he saw me- as he hung there- made me scream in fear. I rushed over to him, standing under him so that the weight of his body could rest on my shoulders. He fought me, tried to push me away but I didn't leave. Through my tears I begged him to loosen whatever it was that was around his neck so that I could put him down but he wouldn't.

For thirty minutes we were like that. I was afraid that my knees would buckle under his weight but in my mind that wasn't an option. It was never an option.

It had been the most devastating moment in our lives but in the morning we didn't speak about it. Then more than ever did I realize just how deep his issues ran.

" I love you." I said terry eyed, my voice cracking. " somewhere along the line I forgot that but and I fucked up but you are amazing. Just being around brings me so much joy and happiness and I'm so happy that you get to be happy. You deserve it after everything that you've been through. And honestly... as much as that night broke me down, I would go through it a million times, just to see you in this moment, happy."

It was confirmed that those had been tears in his eyes when they began to roll down the smooth skin of his face. " i don't give a fuck what anybody gotta say about me and you, you know that? We done been through and are still going through everything but I've never felt more alive and more at ease than I do with you. I want to spend the rest of my life...with you."

We sat that just staring at each other for a while, watching each other cry. As distressed as our situation might seem to be from the outside, there was a level of understanding and calmness that enveloped our situation.

This was the man I wanted to be with forever.

He grabbed me and kissed me. It startled me at first, partially because we were still kind of dangling twenty feet about the ground. But it was exhilarating.

The saltiness of our tears was drowned out by the sweetness that I found in his mouth. He must've felt the same. His hands found their way onto the back of my head, weaving their way into my hair and holding my head steady as he devoured me, licking me clean.

I moaned first, feeling a dull throb begin between my legs. It was the unmistakable mark of the beginning of my growing lust for him. It had been three weeks since I'd had him- three torturous weeks but it seemed like the time had finally come.

I went to climb on top of him when the thought that we were still on the edge of the building cane crashing back to me.

He pulled out of the kiss, breathing deeply to try and make up for the loss of breathing during our kiss. " I'm taking you home." It wasn't a question it was more of a demand, but I didn't give a fuck about going home.

This was as good of a place as any. Nobody could see us and when he pushed inside of me I'd be able to scream as loud as I wanted to.

Leon picked up on my look quickly. He dragged me away from the edge, and once he had my dress pulled up around my hips, mere seconds passed before he was plunging into me.

" oh my-" I gasped, feeling a tingling sensation wash over my body from our joining. He was inside of me, stretching me completely, and claiming me as his again. There was no where I would have rather been. " finally."

He growled softly, his hooded eyes never leaving contact with mine as he showed me exactly how much he missed my body.

The first one was quick and rough, the second one was sensual, and the third was lazy. We were so tired after the second orgasm but our bodies were so ravenous that we continued to grind lazily until we reached completion again.

" more?" He whispered in my ear. Still throbbing inside of me from his last release. The shuddering off his body against mine was compelling me to beg for more but I knew I couldn't. My body felt like it would forcibly knock me out at any moment.

" I can't." I said, my voice horse.

He allowed for our lips to meet again softly,. Exhausted, Leon pulled out of me and snuggled up next to me. Honestly, there was nothing comfortable about the hard, concrete roof. There had been a rock stabbing my ass uncomfortably the entire time but it didn't seem important with my body wrapped up in Leon's.

" at times, I know that I haven't been the easiest person to connect with or to love-"

" damn near impossible at times." I confirmed around a yawn.

He chuckled. "-and you don't like to share your feelings sometimes, thinking it'll make me upset."

" not true." I protested, but it was.

" I'm not a delicate flower, Ashley. I can handle whatever you need to tell me as long as it's to help us. I want this shit forever, and I wanna make it work." He kissed the side of my head. " and I wanna have like six more babies with you. That's not too much to ask."

I laughed, turning to burry my head in his chest. " shut the fuck up."

His chest shook with silent laughter. " I'm just being up front. These are my demands. If you don't like it... shit, I hadn't thought about that.

" blah, blah, blah." I replied, fully aware that this was the point for us to start over. This was our second chance to really get shit right and I'd be damned if I let it slip through my finger, again.

Peacefully under the the night sky- and against my fighting spirit- I fell asleep.