Chapter Twenty-Seven

Ashley

The next three months passed without issue. Shit was moving so smoothly that I was skeptical about if any of it was even real or not, and several things had happened that'd convinced me that I was dreaming.

Firstly, Leon had moved in with me. It wasn't any of the 'I stay at your place for a while and then you stay at mine' bullshit that we'd previously been doing, no. He moved into my house, letting his lease expire. I woke up one morning- about two days after our dinner date- and the nigga was just moving his shit into my house. When I asked him what he was doing, he just kind of shrugged and smiled. Needless to say, I let him stay.

Secondly, my mother and I were speaking again. She hadn't apologized or made amends at all but after close to a month of fighting with her, I gave up. I wasn't sure what to do, especially not when she told me that the bank had called about the mortgage on the house not being paid. I caved then, and I did somewhat regret not standing my ground but I had not choice. There was either let my mother get kicked out onto her ass or swallow my pride.

So I swallowed my pride.

I'd also let Carmen take over moving ahead with opening another club. I didn't need the added stress and she had the extra time so the project was hers. She'd already leased a new location- after I made it clear that I wasn't about to pay a quarter of a million for a new club when I wasn't sure if it would give me a return on the investment or not. For the time being, it was just in an exploration stage. She'd hired temporary staff and was in the process of ordering liquor and such.

Hopefully all went well there so that we could purchase the location. Being a chain would be a dream come true. But if it flopped after a couple month trial period, I'd cut my losses and try elsewhere. I had the money to play with.

And Raegan had made me even prouder of her when she came home from school one day with a letter that said that she was being bumped up to the fifth grade, skipping the fourth all together. She was all smiles that day, and so were Leon and I. And she wouldn't stop talking about how well she was doing in school, which I already knew. I honestly had never met an eight year old with her work ethic.

What made Raegan even happier than that though, was having a larger family. Leon's family and friends had accepted her with open arms. She absolutely adored Alexus, above all. Although I still hadn't spoken to his family- solely because I wasn't sure how to address the situation- Leon insisted that Raegan was in good hands with them and I believed it. Every time Raegan came home from visiting one of them she'd ramble off all of the details with a huge smile on her face.

Everything was peachy, I was prepared for it all, But there was one thing, one huge thing, that for some dumb ass reason, I didn't see coming.

" pregnant?" I asked again. " like, having another baby pregnant or just fat pregnant? Because I could just be fat. Leon made steak and potatoes for dinner last night. You sure it's not the steak?"

Carmen stared at me, not responding. Instead, she threw the test at me for me to read myself. It did, indeed, say pregnant.

" oh."

Once seated on her couch next to me she spoke. " so..."

" so?" I asked. " I haven't even been having sex. Where did I get a baby from?" I lied, pouting.

Carmen punched my arm. " Leon hasn't been blowing your back out? You just told me twenty minutes ago that you been riding his dick like public transportation but now all of a sudden-"

I laughed. " public  transportation ? That's not what I said."

" no, what you said was much trashier than that."