We are at war, will you help us?

I managed to escape quickly by nicking a jet. It helps to be a good pilot, just cause I was a soldier doesn't mean I couldn't pilot a plane.

Looking back, I could see the base falling apart, as well as a helicopter chasing a car, before it was shot down.

Why is Loki attacking Earth? Does he not know that it's under MY protection, this planet is home to the people who taught me how to love and cherish life, but I can't fight him.......they can't know what I am.

—Mini Time Skip brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man!—

It didn't take long to get back home. As soon as I was through the door, I could hear the soft patters of little feet.

"Mamma, you're back! I was getting worried!" My little Ava launched herself in to my arms. Her soft brown hair in slight curls, and her icy blue eyes glassy from forming tears.

I know I should have let someone come look after her, but she's used to me going away for months when I get drafted out.

"I'm sorry Ava, mummy had some.....out of town business" Ava knows I'm not human, mainly because she isn't either. She was born just under 70 years ago, yet she has the body of a 7 year old.

"It's ok" she snuggled into my side as I carried her to the sofa. Looking at the clock, it was very early in the morning.

"What were you doing up sweetie, I thought you would be asleep" I asked as I sat us both down and wrapped a blanket around her.

"Couldn't.....sleep" she said with a yawn, rubbing her eyes sleepily, she wiggled a bit to get comfortable before drifting off to sleep.

I kissed her forehead lightly, and ran my fingers through her chocolate locks.

Every-time I look at her, I'm reminded of him. I can't believe he's gone.....at such a young age, he didn't even have half a life.

Feeling sleep claw at my eyelids, I finally succumbed to it and allowed myself to drift off.

—Time Skip brought to you by Hydra <.< 😡—

It had been a few days, since Loki appeared, he hasn't done much damage otherwise it would be in the news.

I made sure Ava was home safe, with the best of the best guards protecting her, letting me know if anything happens.

She just believes that I'm doing my job. Well, she's not wrong. I'm doing my job as a mother, if she got hurt, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Right now I was at the army base, the trainees doing their usual routine, me I was lying underneath a tank,

My legs up, using my feet to lift it up and down. The regular weights that the others use don't do much for me so I have to resort to what I can to stay in shape.

"Commandant (y/l/n)" a voice said, which startled me.

Steve's POV (Captain America)

A man named Phil Coulson came to pick me up in a jet, apparently the world is at war again, and I'm need to fight.
"It's an honour to meet you, I mean, I sort of met you, I watched you whilst you were sleeping" not gonna like, but that sort of creeped me out. But he made it clear that he was just a fan of who I used to be, and happened to be present when I was fished out of the ice.

He said that there was one other person Fury wanted to see if we could persuade to join the fight. I've been told that me being there might make them decide to help.

We landed outside an army base, quite a big one at that.

"The one we are after runs this place" Phil had said. It was impressive. Memories of training back in the 40s flooded my mind.

I have an idea of who we are after, but that's impossible. She must be in her 90s or even dead......she couldn't help fight.

Phil spoke to a man who studied his ID, and pointed him in the direction of where the mystery person is.

Nearing it, I saw a tank being lifted up and down easily!

'Even I couldn't do it without a little bit of struggle'

"Commandant (y/l/n)" 'no, it can't be'

A thump was heard, right before..."shit!  Ah, should have thought about my surroundings before you scared me sir!" A woman's voice came from underneath the tank.

It made my blood run cold and a thump begin to form in my throat.

The woman shot out from underneath the heavy military.

"Whatever it is Agent, I want nothing to do with it I ha-" she paused mid sentence when her eyes casted on to me.

I couldn't do anything but blink.

'How is she still alive, she hasn't even aged a day!'

"This is not a museum Coulson, you can't bring fossils here!" She spat at the Agent.

"(Y/n) please, you saw what we are up against" was his response. She sighed and I guess she knew what was going on.

I don't understand why Fury would want her, she's just a commandeering officer.

"Phil, I can't I have a job, a chi- look it doesn't matter" but the look Phil gave her was deadly serious, causing her to break down and finally give in.

"Just because I don't want to see this world in ruins!" She pointed a finger at him, "and you give me and Steve a few minutes, we'll meet you back on the jet"

He nodded and walked off.

"So" she started, leaning against the tank.

"How have you been, it's been what? 70 years?" She stated with a slight smile on her face.

"G-good, yeah, took a-a while to get u-used to things around h-here" I cursed at my stuttering. I don't know why I'm so nervous.

'Why didn't she try to find me when I came back?' I really wanted to ask her, but maybe a different time.

"Hmmm, I can't imagine waking up in a what seems like a different world, where people act strange and the technology" her face showed sympathy but her eyes told me that she wasn't telling the truth.

"Well come on Cap, can't keep Agent Spangle fan waiting" she laughed, walking in the direction of the jet. With me quickly following.