Diva

Me, Steve, and Tony were now sitting in the meeting area of the Helicarrier, with Fury standing next to us.

The air was quiet and full of grief.

Coulson and many other agents were dead, all because we were to stupid to realise Loki didn't run away, so we shouldn't have brought him here!

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket...", Fury three bloody Captain America trading cards into the table, where Steve picked them up, "guess he never did get you to sign them"

"We're dead int he air up here, our communications, the location of the cube, Banner, Thor...I got nothing for you."

It's weird heading Fury sound so depressed and deflated.

"Lost my one good eye, Maybe I had that coming. Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract..."

I slammed my fist onto the table making everyone jump.

"That's not what it's for!" I growled and Fury raised his hands in surrender.

"I never put all my chips on that number, because I was playing something riskier!"

I settled back down in my seat.

"There was an idea, Stark know this", both me and Steve's head turn towards Tony who had his back to us, "called the Avengers initiative, the idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more."

I also knew about the Avengers initiative, but only as Tony had told me.

"To see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles we never could. Phil Coulson died, still believing in that idea...in heroes"

That's when Tony abruptly stood and stormed off.

"Well, it's an old fashioned notion"

Then Fury left, leaving me and Steve.

"You'd think you'd get used to it you know..." Steve said in a scoff, "people dying in battle, risking their lives so another may live"

I sighed and turned to Steve with little to no emotion.

"Steve, I've killed and I've watch people die for centuries, it was my job to think how the enemy thinks, to protect our borders at all costs, to take the life of a child if I had to, I used to control who dies, but now, on Earth, I don't have a choice, and I didn't care, until I met you and Bucky, I never understood the meaning of life, but now, everything is gone and I can't find it in myself to care about Coulson, I'm sorry Steve...but I'm used to it..." I got up and followed where Tony had headed, only to find him where Loki was kept captive.

"I heard what you said" he muttered, "it must not have been easy" I patted his shoulder, "Tony it's what I was born to do, it's in my biology, I don't know what it would be like if it was easy or hard"

At that point Steve came in on the other side, giving us a sorrowful glance.

"Was he married?" He asked softly.
"No...there was a cellist I think"

There was a pause before Steve spoke again.

"I'm sorry, he seemed like a good man"

I didn't know Coulson very well, so I had no idea what he was like.

"He was an idiot" Tony scoffed and started to walk along the platform.

"For what? Believing?"

I could see where Tony was coming from, "No, from taking Loki on alone, he should have let Thor deal with him!"

"He was out of his league, he should have waited" Tony scoffed again.
I followed him down, and so did Steve.

"Sometimes there isn't a way out Tony" Steve tried to reason by Tony wasn't having any of it.

"Right I've heard that before" He walked past Steve, not really caring what he was talking about.

"Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?" I know Steve means well, but he can't keep bringing up the army cause...

"We are not soldiers!" Tony almost growled out, yup people will get offended or angry. Me, I think being a solider is a great honour...

"I'm not marching to Fury's fife-" Steve cut him off.

"Neither am I, hes got the same blood on his hands as Loki"

Well, probably not quite the same.

"But right now we got to put that behind us and get this done" I'm starting to ship these too.....

"Loki needs a power source, if he get get-" Tony cut me off this time when he looked at the left over blood on the wall.

"He made it personal!"

"That's not the point" Steve said almost defeated.

"That's is the point! That's Loki's point! He hit us all where we live? Why?" Well I don't technically live here or even in America...

"To tear us apart..." Steve answer catching on a little bit

"Yeah, divide and conquer is great, but he knows he has to take us out to win right?" I nodded when Tony looked at me, making sure he was correct.

"He wants to beat us, he wants to be seen doing it, he wants an audience!"

"Like in Germany!" I pointed out, Stark pointed at me, "exactly, that's just previews, this is opening night! And Loki, he s a full out diva! He wants flowers and parades, and a monument build to the sky's with his name plastered..." me and Steve both look at Tony with a knowing look:

Stark Tower.

"Son of a bitch!"

(A/n: I know I've made (Y/n) sound really cruel, but it will be explained further into the fic as her character develops and people from her past return...)