17

They left Quinn's off-campus apartment and headed to the campus. They went to the coffeehouse and sat down at a table in the back.

"What did you wanna talk about?" Puck wondered as he sipped his water bottle.

"The other day, Beth came home from school and asked me why she doesn't have a brother or sister." Quinn began.

Puck laughed lightly. "What'd you tell her?"

"I couldn't think of a reason." Quinn replied. "And I can't get it out of my head."

"Wait a minute." Puck said, raising his eyebrow. "You want another baby?"

Quinn bit her lip. "Yeah."

Puck shook his head. "Quinn, babies cost money, and they're hard work."

"You don't have to tell me that." Quinn reminded Puck.

"Did you think that I would agree to this? You're being crazy." Puck told her.

Quinn shook her head. "I'm not. Look, I don't need you to do anything. I could go to a... a sperm bank or-"

"No." Puck cut Quinn off. "You're not going to a sperm bank."

Quinn folded her arms. "That's not really your decision."

Puck nodded. "I'm your boyfriend and I don't think this is a good idea."

"You haven't been acting like it lately." Quinn mumbled.

Puck sighed. "Quinn, you know I love you. Things are just-"

"Complicated. Got it." Quinn said, rolling her eyes.

"It wouldn't be fair to bring a baby into all of this. It wouldn't fix anything." Puck stated.

Quinn looked at him. "It wouldn't fix anything, or it would wreck your image?"

"I knew you were mad about that." Puck replied.

"When we got back together, we said we can be ourselves with each other. And this isn't who you are." Quinn said as she stood up.

"Quinn." Puck called as the blonde started to walk away. "Quinn, come on."

Quinn continued walking.

Puck followed her and grabbed her arm. "Quinn, listen to me."

Quinn turned around and faced Puck as tears filled her eyes. "I can't do this anymore."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "Do what?"

"This!" Quinn exclaimed. "I'm really proud of your success, but I can't be with someone who doesn't want what I want."

"Are you dumping me?" Puck asked. "I came here to see you."

Quinn shrugged. "You have to figure out what you want and make it clear to everyone."

Puck looked at Quinn. "I love you."

"I love you." Quinn said softly.