steve harrington ◊ don't be

steve being super nervous trying to impress your parents

---

"i'm so nervous..." steve said, running a hand through his hair and running his hands down his shirt to smooth it out. "does my hair look okay? what about my shirt? shit, i knew i should've ironed it. is my face okay? i feel like i had a pimple today and i may have forgotten to pop it-"

"babe, babe look at me." you interrupted, turning his face towards yours so he could clearly look at you. "there's no need to be nervous, okay? they'll love you. I guarantee it!" you gave him a gentle kiss on the lips before knocking on the door. he blew out a big breath and tried to calm some nerves, shaking his hands slightly back and forth before the door opened. your father greeted you and steve, shaking his hand and complimenting him on his firm handshake.

when the dinner was served - your parents decided on the gourmet meal of KFC since your mother nearly burned the house down trying to make a fancy dinner - steve had become slightly more confident, but still looked red in the face and his hand was shaking underneath the table.

once the conversation had started, steve had started to run out of conversation, so he just randomly blurted out. "i love KFC..."

your parents actually laughed, nodding in approval and agreeing with his statement. overall, the meeting well and your dad ended up talking to you about steve; both of your parents approved of him, and even invited him back to the house.

steve loved your parents and definitely let you know how much he wanted to be invested in the rest of your life by the time you got home.

---

not very good but i haven't done steve yet