nancy wheeler ◊ gone

mike telling nancy that you didn't make it

(okay you hang out with the boys but pretend you're nancy's age in high school)

---

nancy shot up off the living room couch once the door had opened, removing her hand from her concerned face. mike, dustin, lucas, mom... where were you? she breathed out a sigh of relief once she saw mike, immediately running up to him and pulling him in for an embrace; mike was hesitant to respond, not used to this kind of affection from his sister. "i'm glad you all are safe." she sighed into mike's messy hair, pulling away from the hug and giving him a weak smile before turning to the rest of the kids. "where's (y/n)?" she asked anxiously, seeing that you were not there next to the boys like you normally were. nancy had figured you'd went home, gotten picked up by your parents; based on the way the rest of them stiffened up at the mention of your name, her heart started pumping and her mind went to darker places. the party exchanged knowing glances, before mike finally decided to take a deep breath and tell his sister.

"nancy..." mike found himself choking on his own tears, but he pushed through it. "sh-she's gone... i'm sorry." he blew out a shaky breath and dustin went to rest a hand on his shoulder. "sh-she got t-too close when e-el..." mike couldn't even bring himself to say eleven's full name; not only had he lost eleven, but you as well. "when... el... she got r-r-rid of the... d-demogorgen and... she was too close." his somber chocolate eyes looked up into his sister's ocean colored eyes, quickly glazing over with tears. "there was nothing w-we could've d-done..." nancy just looked down, suddenly finding an interest in the carpeted floor of the wheeler house. the rest of the room became blurry, the voices muffled, everything seemed to be fading to black.

she'd lost you. the one she confided in. the one she trusted. the one... she fell in love with. you were the one who helped her find who she really was... someone who wasn't necessarily straight. she began to sob, without realizing it, and ran straight up to her room. slamming and locking the door, she sat cross-legged on her bed with her hands resting against her forehead as she sobbed uncontrollably hard. she didn't hear the knocking on her door. the cries from downstairs. all she could see, hear, and smell was you. your vanilla/strawberry perfume stained her bed, wafting the smell into her face. it lingered around her room, it became overwhelming at some point. she could hear your laughs, see your eyes crinkle when you smiled, hear your conversations with her. her hand went to her lips, feeling a tingling from when you had your first kiss. 

she couldn't believe you were dead. 

dead. gone. forever. just like that.

she wouldn't believe it.

she had to figure this out.

even if it meant putting herself in danger.

you were still out there.

she could feel it.

---

idk what happened at the end lol