will byers ◊ remember?

telling possessed will about your romance

---

"will?" you asked, sitting down in a nearby chair as the rest of the people surrounding you were finished telling their stories. "do you remember us? the first time we met? our first kiss?" he just stared at you with the same look he gave joyce, mike and jonathan; you sighed and wrung your hands together. "in 3rd grade, some asshole pushed me down. everyone surrounding me in the circle would just point and laugh; but not you... there wasn't an ounce of humor on your face as you knelt down beside me, asking me if i was okay. you helped me up and helped me walk to the nurse. i remember you called me 'fragile' because i had sprained my ankle based on a fall..." you sniffled as you laughed at the thought of it. "you skipped the rest of your classes to stay with me until my parents picked me up. i remember asking you, 'why are you being so nice to me?' and you just smiled and said... 'because i want to be your friend.' it was the best moment of my life." you felt yourself letting out tiny sobs as he just stared at you with his blank look. "do you remember when i took you home when you had an episode during halloween? you told me to stay so i did. while we were talking, you just simply asked; 'can i kiss you?' you've asked me every day before you kiss me... and i always say yes. you always know when i need you, when i'm sad and all i need is you." you ran a hand through your matted hair, pulling it being your shoulders. 

"i love you will... i miss you... i need you..." you sobbed as you felt a few tears roll down your cheeks and hit the shed floor. mike walked up behind you and pulled you towards him as you sobbed into his sweatshirt. you weren't lying, you missed will more than anything. you needed everything to go back to normal.

"i'm sorry..." you heard will's broken voice hoarsely whisper, while still looking at you. you could see tears forming in his eyes, and for a moment - and for only a brief moment - he looked like the will you'd come to know and love. much to your chagrin, his eyes shifted back to the coldness that you'd gotten used to. you just went right back to sobbing into mike's chest as you heard will utter:

"let me go."

---

shit but it's alright i guess