the party ◊ trick or treat, freak

trick or tricking with the party

it's like, lowkey will byers tho

---

"trick or treat!!" you said as you held out your bag for the nice lady to put her candy in. your theme this year was ghostbusters, and the party let you be an actual buster rather than being the red-haired secretary like all the other girls were doing. your bag was getting pretty full, this might've been one of the most eventful halloween nights you've had in what felt like forever. this was a perfect night, or so you thought. apparently someone else in the party didn't quite think so.

"no, no... it's like... totally tubular!" dustin and lucas were making fun of max, the newest member of the party - at least it seemed that way - and she was cracking up just as much as you and the boys were. once you'd hit a few more houses, you noticed mike and will holding back from the group, and mike didn't look happy one bit. you decided to draw back, joining their conversation.

"hey guys, why the top secret conversation?"

"do you like max, (y/n)?" mike immediately asked, looking up from will at you.

"um... i wouldn't say i dislike her...?"

"did you agree to her joining us?"

"i... uh wasn't a part of that conversation i guess?" you questioned, looking at will who simply shrugged. "is there a problem wit her, mike?"

"yeah. she's ruining the best night of the year." mike stormed off, will still standing beside with jonathan's camera still in his hand.

"hey, don't listen to him, alright? he's just being grumpy..." you shrugged, putting your arm around his shoulder and walking him to a few more houses.

- time skip to when you find will in a corner due to his episode -

"will!" shit, shit, shit, shit... you thought, calling out his name; this brought back memories from when he went missing, constantly calling out his name until your throat ached. "will!!" you yelled again, joyce is going to kill me.

finally, you heard a few shuddering breaths in the corner of a house and immediately ran up to it, trying to see where the source was coming from. sure enough, it was will sat in the fetile position, trying to calm his breathing but failing miserably.

"will!" you said, grabbing his shoulder and shaking him a bit, making him jerk up with a gasp and stare at you with wide hazel eyes. "will, ar-are you alright? i couldn't fi-find you!"

"i-i-i..." you pulled him in for a quick hug before helping him up, grabbing his face and looking into his eyes. 

"are you okay, will?" the rest of the party came bounding down the same stairs you sprinted down, panting and looking at the both of you with wide eyes. "guys i'm taking him home..." you said, grabbing wills hand and already beginning to walk off.

"(y-y/n)..." dustin stuttered, taking a pitiful step towards you but you stopped him.

"no, really. guys, enjoy your night. i'm tired and i think i should take him home..."

while you were on your way back, you kept your hand laced with wills, which he was squeezing tightly, still attempting to regulate his breathing. "thank you..." he said in a bit of a broken voice. "really, thank you."

"it's not a problem byers." you teased, ruffling his bowl-cutted head, making him smile a little.

"sorry for making you miss this, i know it's your favorite night of the year." he apologized, looking solemn as he looked up at you.

"don't apologize, i would miss the world for you byers." you said, turning up on his house. "so... should i stay or should i go?"

"stay, please. i don't think mom will mind, i think i need someone else anyways."

"of course, byers. i hope you got a shirt or something for me to sleep in."

---

it's not bad wtf?