◊ breakup ◊

mike

you break up with him; you know he still has feelings for el and the fact that he doesn't deny it makes it worse for the both of you. he's confused and he doesn't want to choose, so you decide he doesn't have to.

"do you love me or her...? answer the question, mike."
"... i c-can't choose, i'm sorry..."
"you don't have to." 

dustin

he broke up with you. he never really told you why, he just wasn't ready for something as serious as you wanted.

"i can't do this anymore, (y/n)... i'm sorry."
"are you... breaking up with me?"
"i'm sorry..."

will

he broke up with you. he decided that he was too dangerous, so he held your hands before anything became too serious and told you about it. he was glad he did, because after that things really went downhill.

"i'm too much of a danger to you, (y/n)... i don't know what's happening to me..."
"we can get through this together..."
"i'm sorry, i just can't bring that kind of stress in your life when i have so much in mine, i'm doing this because i love you, (y/n)."

lucas

you broke up with him. you knew he obviously had feelings for max - which he denied - but you couldn't help but feel that way.

"it's obvious, lucas... and she's oblivious..."
"it's not like that, (y/n)."
"she may be oblivious, but i'm not. goodbye lucas."

max

i don't really see a reason why y'all would break up.

eleven

again, i don't really see how or why you'd break up

steve

he broke up with you. he thinks he'd never be good enough for you and you deserve someone so much better.

"i'm sorry, (y/n). you deserve someone better than me..."
"steve... you are the best... please don't do this..."
"i'm sorry, i'll never be good enough..."

nancy

you break up with her. there are so many conflicts in her life (steve/jonathan love triangle) and you don't think she's ready (she agrees).

"i'm sorry nancy, i think you need some time..."
"i'm sorry to..."
"i'll always love you..."

jonathan

he broke up with you. he wanted to protect you and he thought everything going on with will and hawkins was too much for the both of you to handle.

"i'm sorry to do this... really, i love you..."
"then don't... please. i promise i can handle it..."
"it's for the best, i'm doing this to protect you..."

billy

you're constantly breaking up with each other. it's mostly you though, and then you come running right back because... alright but damn that smile, those abs, those eyes.

barb

she passed away but you would've stayed together forever it seemed like.