The Battle

It was a hot, humid day filled with birdsong and the chirping of cicadas in the trees. The sun shone down mercilessly, the only solace being found either in the shade of the trees or the air conditioned indoors. Monsters and Humans were outside, however, talking and playing in the Park.

The Dreemurrs had decided to go to the park in the City as an idea for a fun time spent outside, and also as a way to help acclimate Ray and Asriel to life in a human and monster city on the Surface.

Ray was walking without his sword and his gun. It was deemed best that Ray avoid walking around with his sword if he could help it and apparently there was a law that humans were not allowed to carry handguns unless they were 21 years old or older and even then they had to take a class? Ray was surprised but he accepted this. At least he was allowed to keep his Focuser wrapped around his arm as 1) it was discreet and 2) it was mostly a defensive mechanism.

Frisk had called a lot of her friends from school, both humans and monsters and they and their families had all agreed to meet her and her family in the park.

So, it was on this day that Asriel discovered water balloons. A human boy named Blaze from Frisk's class had showed him how to fill balloons with water and said that Asriel would have the honor of instigating the water balloon fight. Unsure, Asriel looked around for a target, his little yellow hydro-grenade in his hands. Not knowing anyone else to throw it at, he searched out Ray and, sneaking up on him, threw the balloon at his brother, the balloon rupturing and splashing against Ray's shoulder in a satisfiying ring.

Ray looked at his brother in surprise and, processing what had happened, he rushed to where Blaze stood, next to a bucket now full of water balloons.

Ray grabbed a handful and grinned at Asriel.

This was war.

\

Eventually all the children were pelting each other with colorful bags of water, most of them popping harmlessly on the grass, the others pelted on miniature warmongerers with varying degrees of effectiveness.

Asriel had a balloon in his hands, laughing with joy at the war he had started. He saw a girl run past him and, seeing what he thought was an easy target, threw the balloon at her.

He just missed her head.

Noticing the balloon sail past her head, the girl looked over her shoulder and noticed the Prince. She shouted, "Hey! I found Asriel!"

Suddenly, five warriors rushed out of the trees, three monsters and two humans, each armed with many balloons. They made a rush to Asriel.

Asriel realized he was compromised and with a hurried, "Crap!" he ran for the trees behind him.

\

Frisk had not partaken much in the fight. She had thrown maybe two balloons and then she had a strange feeling...

She decided to retreat to the trees and watch the battle from an area of relative safety. She sat behind a log, watching as her new brothers fought alongside humans and monsters.

She noticed that even though sides and alliances seemed to form, for the most part they were equal enough with only one group being of only one type and she knew that those four human boys were no monster haters...

She was just happy that humans and monsters were working together and not against each other.

Uh oh. Some commotion was coming her way. Not wanting to get sucked back into the fight, Frisk ducked behind the log, waiting for the group to pass her up.