The Announcement

The next day

Berk has changed over the three years and so has the riders. Snotlout works at the armoury now. Gobber gave him the title of "official weapons tester."
The twins have decided to dedicate their lives to Loki, the God of pranks. They spend the whole day and night pranking people. Then there's Fishlegs, who has really found his calling. He teaches the children of Berk the history of dragons. Astrid however is not doing as well as the rest of them as she recently got word that her father died. And then there's Hiccup. He still works to find new dragons in the Archipelago.

"Hey, there you are," Hiccup called to Astrid.
"Hiccup, I've been chasing you since the armory," Astrid said.
"Well, I thought we'd try out the far South today."
"Uh, can we talk about something first?" Astrid asked.
"Yeah, sure. Only if you can catch me."
"Hiccup, wait!" Astrid shouted.

He didn't hear her and flew on. Astrid patted Stormfly and flew after him.

"I have a really good feeling about today, Astrid," Hiccup said when she caught up to him.
"You say that every time we go searching for new dragons. Hiccup, can we have a second? I wanted to talk to you about..."
"Whoa, look, look, look, look! Astrid, did you see that?" Hiccup asked excitedly throwing her a spyglass.
"No, I don't. Anyway, as I was saying..."
"There's definitely some movement up ahead. Long neck... large head... behind that rock formation."
"Yeah, right. Hiccup can you listen now? I wanted to tell you..."
"Not now Astrid," Hiccup said flying towards the rock.

Astrid sighed and rolled her eyes. She started to think is he ever going to listen?

"This may be it, Toothless! A new species of dragon!"

The unknown dragon turned into a Hideous Zippleback with two riders.  

"Loki'd!" The twins shouted together.
"Oh come on!" Hiccup shouted.

"You totally thought that Barf and Belch were a new dragon!" Ruff said.
"I did not! Let's go, bud," Hiccup angrily said.
"Wow, who yakked in his mutton?" Tuff asked.
"I don't know but I like it," Ruff replied.
"It was probably us," Tuff said as they flew away.

Hiccup and Toothless landed on a sea stack. Hiccup dismounted his dragon and sat down. Astrid landed shortly after.

"Hiccup, don't listen to them. Those guys are muttonheads. But you have to admit, we've visited every island, every sea stack and every rock in the archipelago. And we haven't spotted a new dragon in a long time," she explained.
"Astrid, this can't be all there is! There has to be something more out there!"
"What if there isn't, Hiccup? What if we're done? What if the search is over?"
"It can't be over this soon."
"Well, it's over for me," she said and Hiccup looked at her.
"What do you mean?"
"I've been trying to tell you all day. Stormfly and I... we're joining the Berk Guard."
"Oh. That's great... I'm happy for you guys... "a disappointed Hiccup said.
"Look, maybe you should give some thought to what's next for you and Toothless. Because everyone is doing something else. Maybe you should too."

Astrid then flew away.