Finding the Perfect Island.

Astrid, the twins and Fishlegs were with the dragons while Hiccup and Snotlout explored the island. About ten minutes after they got settled they heard Snotlout's girlish scream.

 About ten minutes after they got settled they heard Snotlout's girlish scream

Astrid came up to see the two boys struggle to get Hiccup's leg. They broke apart as the boars come closer. Just as one is about to charge, Stormfly and Astrid swoop up from behind the cliff. Stormfly shoots her magnesium blasts at the creatures. The boars quickly ran.

"Thanks babe," Snotlout said.
"OK, so check that island off the list," Hiccup said.
"Ooh! This is so exiting! Searching the high seas for an island outpost to call our own!" Fishlegs squealed.
"Yeah, I like this idea! Move away from Berk, get my own place, away from you-know-who..." Ruff said.
"Yeah, you're telling me, sister. I am so sick of you-know-who. He never knows when to shut up! I want him out of here!" Tuff added.

"Guys, let's focus, alright, we need to find an island that's safe, secure, and habitable for both us and the dragons," Hiccup said.
"Blah, blah, blah! How many times do we have to hear that?" Snotlout asked
"Um, until we find what we're looking for? Let's check this one out," Hiccup said pointing to an island in the distance.

On the island.

"Not bad, not bad! Lots of fresh water, seems like a plentiful food supply

"Not bad, not bad! Lots of fresh water, seems like a plentiful food supply..." Hiccup said.
"And lots of cool blue flowers," Ruff said with two handful of the flowers and sniffing them. "I'm in!"
"Wait...aren't those...?" Astrid stammered.
"Blue Oleanders, deadly poisonous to dragons," Fishlegs gasped.
"So...we're not staying," Tuff said as Barf and Belch sneezed.
"No we aren't," Astrid said.

They took off and tried others.

Flying over a different island.

"Whoa, this island is beautiful! I even like those weird dots all over the..." Fishlegs said.
"Those aren't dots! They're Whispering Death holes!" Hiccup interrupted.
"Been there, done that," Snotlout said.
"Next!" Astrid shouted flying off.

On the first island again.

"My bad! Should've crossed this island off the list!" Fishlegs said.

Hiccup and Astrid jump of the cliff and their dragons were waiting, ready to catch them. They quickly leave.

Flying across a new island

"This looks pretty good!" Hiccup said
"Those cliffs could work! Good sight lines, easily defend-able..." Astrid pointed out.
"The location is great! Remote and hidden!" Fishlegs squealed.
"It's perfect!" Ruff exclaimed.
"Yeah...too perfect...I'm just saying in the immortal words of the mighty Thor: "When something looks too perfect, it probably...sucks." That's what he said," Tuff said.
"Yeah, you know I'm pretty sure Thor never said anything remotely like that," Hiccup said.
"Oh really? How do you know? Do you know Thor? Have you talked to him recently?" Tuff asked.
"No...but," Hiccup started.
"Well, because I have! Hm, and I don't recall him mentioning you...Look. I just have a feeling about this place. I think we all know what happens when I get a feeling," Tuff said.
"We ignore it!" Astrid shouted.
"Mark my words! There will be something wrong with this island, something mysterious, something horrible, something...something," Tuff said.
"Ya finished?" Ruff asked.
"Yeah, for now," Tuff said.
"Hiccup, one question. Can we kick the twins off the island?" Astrid asked.
"Yeah, Hiccup. Things would be a lot easier," Snotlout added.
"No, they're a part of this team, if we like it or not," Hiccup said.

On the island

"OK, first thing we need to do is set up camp for the night. We need dry wood for fire. We need fresh water, and we need someone on traps," Hiccup said.
"Snotlout, what is that?" Astrid asked.
"It's an "S," for Snotlout. I think aesthetically it would look nice flying over it," Snotlout explained.
"That's ridiculous. It doesn't matter what the outpost looks like. It needs to be functional and operational," Astrid said.
"Uh, guys? What we really need is..." Hiccup started.
"Is a place for rest, relaxation, and replenishing after a hard day's work. You're absolutely right Hiccup, look, Meatlug and I had some thoughts..." Fishlegs said pulling out a stone and stick model on a shield.

"Is that a hot tub?" Astrid asked pointing to a few rocks in a circle

"No! That's the mud bath! The hot tub is other there," Fishlegs said pointing at the shield.

"Wait a minute. Everyone stop. I don't see it," Tuff said.
"Me neither," Ruff followed.
"See what?" Astrid asked.
"Um, the boar pit! Where is it? Where's the boar pit?" Tuff asked.
"You see, the center piece of any good outpost is a boar pit," Ruff said.
"Why?" Astrid asked.
"Everybody needs a little entertainment every now and then, don't they?" Tuff darkly said. Astrid stared blankly at Tuffnut.
"Well, we do know where to get boars," Fishlegs said.

Toothless fired a blast onto Snotlout's S to get everyone's attention.

"Woops! Sorry about that. OK, so, uh, now that we have your attention, we really need to set up camp for the night," Hiccup said.
"Wait, what about the..." Tuff asked
"Dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-we-we'll talk about the outpost design in the morning. For now, someone needs to get the water," Hiccup suggested.
"Ugh. I don't know about you, but I like Whiny Berk Hiccup way better than Princess Outlook Hiccup," Snotlout complained to Astrid.
"I know, right? I'd rather talk about the outpost design," Astrid said.

That night.

"This is nice," Ruff said.
"Yeah, we finally get to relax," Fishlegs said.
"No, I was talking about the food," Ruff corrected.

"What is it, bud?" Hiccup asked as Toothless lifted his head.
"I'll tell you what it is. Rats. Rats the size of yaks. No, it could also-is it? Yaks the size of rats? Yak-rats! Great, those would be adorable. No, no! I know what it is. Yaks the size of dragons, right Toothless? Ya feel me, T?" Tuff asked.
"Tuff, you're being paranoid," Astrid said
"There's no such thing as yaks the size of dragons," Fishlegs explained.
"Yak-dragons to you, my friend. And when you hear their cries...you'll believe. Trust me. Hm? Rak-ay-ya-ya-na-na-na-na-oh! Puh Poo," Tuff said after popping up behind them. "That's right. Let that roll around in your head for a minute."
"Alright, Tuffnut, knock it off," Hiccup said annoyed.
"Yeah, you're not scaring anyone," Snotlout said.
"Really? What if there were...snakes out there in the dark! Hm? Giant snakes? Snakes big enough to swallow a man whole and then barf out his bones?" Tuff asked
"Ha! Please...barfing out bones..." Snotlout said before he grabbed Hookfang's wing for protection.
"What?"

"Yeah, that's right. Go to bed! Sleep! If you can..." Tuff said.
Tuff lied down and rested his head on Belch's neck.
"Trolls, demon-toes..." he muttered as he fell asleep.

"Snotlout, there's nothing to fear," Hiccup reassured him.
"You don't know that," Snotlout said.
"Yes, we do," Fishlegs said.
"How?"
"If there were giant snakes, yak-rats or yak-dragons here we would have seen them already," Astrid explained.
"Oh yeah. That makes sense," Snotlout said.
"My brother's just playing, I think. Anyway, I think we should get some sleep," Ruff said.