The Hofferson Family Reunion

2 weeks later

The riders were in the clubhouse of Dragon's Edge talking about their finished designs.

"Alright, let me finish this debate. My design is the best," Snotlout said.
"No way!" Ruff exclaimed.
"Our hut and more importantly our boar pit are way better than your hut and your S-mountain!" Tuff shouted.
"I'd hate to be that guy but my meditation garden tops everything," Fishlegs said.
"Well, I love being that guy. Let me start with Snotlout. Your idea is stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. Ruff, Tuff, your idea makes me want to destroy the boar pit. Fishlegs your idea is a stereotypical Ingerman idea and Hiccup's idea is like yours only a stereotypical Hiccup idea. So, my idea is the best," Astrid angrily explained.
"Astrid, how could you say you'll destroy the boar pit?" Ruff gasped.
"I'm not a stereotypical Ingerman. Right?" Fishlegs asked.
"My idea isn't stupid, Astrid. And if you like I'll take you on a tour of my hut," Snotlout creepily said  as Hiccup walked in.

"What's going on here?" Hiccup asked.
"We're trying to see who's idea is the best," Snotlout said.
"Great, another competition," Hiccup sarcastically said.
"Alright, Hiccup doesn't want to be in this debate, so he's disqualified," Ruff said.
"Astrid, our boar pit is a work of art," Tuff said.
"Hiccup, in your opinion, who's idea's the best?" Fishlegs asked.
"Let's see, Snotlout's is stupid..." Hiccup said.
"Thank you," Astrid said.
"...the boar pit, also stupid..."
"Oh, come on, Hiccup," Ruff said.
"I now know how you feel," Tuff said to Snotlout.
"...Fishleg's idea is pretty good but it won't be used that much..."
"Really, won't be used much? I laugh at the idea," Fishlegs said.
"...I'm disqualified. That leaves Astrid's idea. The design would be used to defend from attacks, it would be used more than Fishleg's garden and it's not stupid. Alright, Astrid's the winner," Hiccup announced.
"Yes," Astrid said.
"What?" Snotlout asked.
"No," the twins said.
"Well done, Astrid," Fishlegs said.
"Wait, what was the conversion on the boar pit?" Hiccup asked.
"Astrid said that she wants to destroy it," Ruff said.
"Very unladylike," Tuff said.

A terror came flying in. It landed on Astrid's shoulder.

"Oooh, Astrid has a boyfriend," Tuff said.
"Who sent it?" Snotlout asked.
"My brother. Just wanted to tell me that my family reunion is tomorrow," Astrid excitedly said as she wrote a reply.
"I don't think that was your brother," Ruff suspiciously said.
"Ruff..." Hiccup started.
"Stay out of this, Hiccup! Now, Astrid, who sent that letter?" Ruff asked.
"I already told you, my brother sent it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to pack," Astrid said as she started to walk out.

The next morning

"Stormfly, I can't wait to see them. I can't wait to see the North Nation. Melanie said three years ago that the nation had changed. I wonder if he'll be there. We'll be gone for a week and we'll probably visit the other islands," Astrid said to Stormfly as they crossed the border into the North nation.

They came across a group of six habited islands with bridges connecting them. There was smaller islands populated by dragons. The nation looked nothing like what Astrid remembered. They landed on one of the islands to ask for directions.

"Excuse me, do you know the way to Hofferson Isle?" she asked a stranger.
"It's the far island," the stranger replied.
"Alright. Thanks."

Stormfly could see a familiar person behind Astrid. The dragon ran over to them.

"Stormfly? Where's Astrid," the person said and she ran back over to her rider.
"There you are. Where did you go?" Astrid asked.
"Probably over to see me," the person said behind her. Astrid sharply turned around.
"Dagur. Baby, you scared me," she said hugging him.
"I missed you too. What are you doing here? I thought you were down South."
"I was. Hofferson family reunion."
"Well, I have an island to run and you don't want to keep your sibling waiting," Dagur said.
"Your right. How about we can talk at dinner tomorrow at five?"
"It's a date," he said walking away.
"Alright girl, let's see my siblings," Astrid said mounting her dragon.

She landed on Hofferson Isle and saw the island decorated with banners, balloons and confetti.

"Astrid!" Melanie shouted running over.
"Melanie! It's been a while," Astrid said hugging her.
"Yeah like two million months. How have you been?"
"Great. And you?"
"Exhausted. Jordan made me help with the decorations."
"That had to be fun, right?" Astrid asked joking around.
"Yeah, it wasn't. Anyway, I'll show you where you'll be staying. Jordan went overboard with it," Melanie explained.
"Really? Can't wait to see it then."

The girls walked into the "Hofferson Isle Hotel" with a stable beside it. Inside there was golden chandeliers on the ceiling and comfy, leather seats. Melanie checked Astrid in, then lead her to the penthouse suite, the room she was staying in.

"You're right. He went all out," Astrid said amazed.
"I'll leave you to settle in," Melanie laughed.
"Alright. See you soon."