Crevania "Prologue"

CREVANIA

Past may determine your present but it can never write your future.

Written by: Mycah Reed

Preface

Angelica Spheres

In a parallel world there is a continent named Crevania. It is only known as a myth where all the magical creatures have flown, back when humans hunted them for fame, glory and wealth. There were four dragons that made this continent namely Monte Vista, Corona, Zostir and Berimonte.

When they arrived, it was nothing but waters. Monte Vista made the volcano underneath the ocean erupt and so land was formed. Corona froze the land so it would cool down and they can land. Zostir saw that it was barren and when she breathed on the ground, plants, trees, flowers and grass grew. Berimonte was in charge of the magical barriers around the continent and he only lets those who are in need inside.

It became a sanctuary for people who have nowhere else to go. One day, this continent was attacked by outsiders. The four dragons weren’t enough to hold back the enemies so they sacrificed themselves. The continent was split into four countries and each dragon blessed each country with their names and their powers.

Corona gave her powers to her land and so it is cold in temperature there and all those who live in it gained the power to manipulate ice and water. Monte Vista gave his power to his land hence it is now a tropical country with the people there having the ability to manipulate fire. Zostir’s power is quite tricky. She can manipulate the energy and magical properties in space and atmosphere therefore making her able to create plants and cast spells. Her land has been grateful to have soil that is good with crops and keeping animals and the people there have the power to increase their abilities and cast spells. Finally, Berimonte gave his life for the protection for the whole continent and gave this ability to his people as well. Also, Berimonte is a wind dragon although not everyone has inherited this ability of his. 

Before they all died, they gave their last tokens to chosen people who would lead each country. Those who have been chosen had their surnames changed into the name of the country they would lead and their close relatives had Von placed before their surnames as mark that they are eligible to be next in line to the throne.

They established a secret organization that would help each parliament. It is called the Olympian brotherhood. Their job is to help the Kings and Queens allover Crevania and keep peace between the countries. Each was given the suits of the deck of cards as a name. Zostir is the suit of Hearts. Corona is the Suit of Diamonds. Monte Vista is the Suit of Spades and Berimonte is the Suit of Clubs. Each leader of each suit is given the title from King to Ace. The members of this top secret organization are each bestowed with a magical rose tattoo that stretches all the way from the pelvic to the ribs. This is how they will know that they belong together.

Now Crevania is safe from harm from outsiders. The question is, is it safe from one another?