Crevania Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Things have returned to normal after a few weeks. I went to school with blind eyes. This typically happens to those who migrate to places their bodies aren’t compatible to so I used it as an excuse when I’m at school.

My body has recovered in terms of power but I don’t use it at school. I have William guiding me and helping me out most of the time. Classes pass by like a blur. I’m actually making my situation an advantage. I am sharpening my other senses and I’m trying to see with my powers. I’m getting really good at it. It’s just like being color blind actually. This thing might last for a month, a year or even decades so I must train hard.

“Are you okay to eat blind?” William asked.

“This thing might be permanent so I might as well try right?” I smiled as I bit into the sloppy Joe I was eating. Richard already returned my ring so now I can’t use my powers although I can still sense stuff. The ring’s purpose is to conceal my powers inside my body but that means I can still use magic inside of me.

“Are you sure you still want to go to class?” William seems really concerned. He is my only normal friend here at school.

“Will, the classes end next month. I can’t skip it now. The final exams are closing in.” I reasoned.

“Actually, the school year is ending earlier than usual. Since this is my 18th birthday, the whole kingdom will be celebrating for a week. April 4 onwards and after that, there is really no need for classes to return. We only have at least two weeks before the finals. The schedules will be posted tomorrow on the announcement board.” Richard explained and by the way Will is laughing, he seems happy about it.

When we went home, Richard and I went to Melody’s room. She’s still behind a one sided glass wall and she seems better. It was Joan’s turn to watch over her now.

“So, how is she doing?” Richard questioned Joan.

“She’s the same as usual lover boy.” Their relationship hasn’t changed yet. They still hate each other.

“Does she mention me?” Richard on the other hand grew more patience for Joan.

“Nope,”

“Oh yes I do darling.” Melody spoke out loud. I can feel her walking towards us and I heard something slammed on the glass wall. I bet it’s her palms. “I can feel you there Richard. I can hear your voices now that I’ve regained my strength.”

“Wow, what great sense of hearing she has. We were just whispering.” I commented.

“Let me out of here.” Melody pleaded.

“I can’t.” Richard muttered.

“I need water. Remember what I told you before? I’m a mermaid. That’s why I can read people’s fears and use it against them.” That was certainly new to me. I didn’t know that.

“She doesn’t need it.” Joan mumbled.

“How do you know?” Richard hissed at her. He seems to be very affected by Melody’s cries. She is his lover after all.

“I know because I’m also a mermaid. I am the only daughter of the Lee family that is left. Our kind was killed during a bombing under water in the Pacific Ocean and I managed to escape here. People there are using dynamite to catch fish and it was poisoning us so I went here. We don’t need water as long as we’re on dry land as humans.” Joan explained. I know this part of her life. I’ve seen her transform into a mermaid a few times already before. Her fins are colored blue and her hair turns sapphire. Right now her hair is raven black.