Crevania Chapter one

Chapter One

I looked up at the falling leaves outside the building. It has been a year since I’ve taught here in Lunar Academy. I’m actually a magic teacher. I teach spells to students here… but that’s not just the reason why. I came here with another motive. I am searching for someone to recruit for the Olympians. We are the top secret organization around the continent of Crevania and we are in charge of protecting the royalties and keeping peace.

As for me I’m just following orders. I’m not actually into the whole patriotic type of agent. I do whatever I’m told by my foster father, Lucas Sphere who is the current King of Hearts. That’s how we are ranked, according to the suit of hearts in a deck of cards. The other countries have their corresponding suits as well.

As for me, I’m the most dangerous person in our Suit since I don’t technically belong to the system. I am the Black Joker. I never go along with the rules so no one could control me aside from Lucas, except one.

“Good morning dear,” I kissed Xian when I reached the faculty room. We have been going out for two years now. He’s actually the most normal thing that ever happened to my crazy world. He understands me and tolerates me when I get all grouchy even during my PMS. He tells me what I should do when I’m caught between a rock and a hard place. Xian became my guilt ever since we have met. I didn’t know how to see right from wrong anymore before but now I have him to remind me always.

“Good morning sweetie. Have you eaten breakfast yet?” He handed me my books.

“No, but I will… Do you want to grab a late bite later at the restaurant near the Olympian mansion?” I whispered so no one would hear. Of course no one should know about me being a secret agent or else my cover would be blown.

“I have to finish some paperwork here later at the office. But go on home without me.” He ran his fingers through my hair and then kissed me on the cheeks. “Oh dear, I hope we get married soon.” He hugged me ever so tightly.

“I hope so too.” I smiled at him when I pulled back.

“Hey, no public display of affection!” The chairman of the faculty yelled. She’s actually as old as I am and my friend at that. Her name is Louisa. We became rather close ever since her car broke down and Xian and I were there to help her. She’s a bit uptight though.

“Sorry,” Xian said aloud and everyone in the faculty laughed along with us.

I went to my class as soon as I could. My students were quick to shut up when I entered in. I’m kind of strict but I do know how to have fun. I just don’t want them stepping out of place.

“Good Morning Miss Hove.” They all stood up and greeted me. It’s my undercover surname. It’s better than using Sphere.

“You may all be seated. Today we are learning about how to create a flower out of water.” Seriously, I don’t get the purpose of these spells at all but since it is in my lesson plan, I should just do it.

“What would that accomplish?” Some snotty 16 year old girl mumbled.

“I don’t know, maybe it can make you look less ugly when you put it around your head.” I answered her and she became the laughing stock of the room. “Don’t go crying on me now little girl.” I winked.

I taught them various tricks for an hour and then proceeded to my next class. I was teaching them how to give life to inanimate objects. Actually, I’m not really good with what I am teaching. I simply tell them what to do and I never demonstrate. That’s because I can’t really perform some of these spells.

I’m actually a Catalyst. This title is given to those who can wield more than one power. Ever since I was little, I can control ice. Well I figured that I was a Coronian since that’s where I grew up but then I learnt that fire cannot harm me. I was around five when I started creating fire with my bare hands. I thought those were the only powers I can wield. It was more than I could have ever asked for.