Crevania Chapter Six

Chapter Six

So when we went home, I quickly took a bath and changed into a white dress Lucas had packed for me. It was sleeveless and it goes loose below the waist. It was rather beautiful and I like it. I hate gowns because it’s hard to move with it but I like dresses as long as it’s comfortable to wear.

I wore flat shoes and then started running off. I couldn’t be late for dinner.  I suddenly bumped into someone when I took a sharp left.

“That hurts.” I complained when I fell on the ground.

“You shouldn’t be running around like that, idiot.” He helped me up by pulling my arm upwards. I was amazed with his new look. He looked even more adorable now that he has some glasses on and he was holding a book.

“I’m going to be late for dinner. Thanks for the help.” I said sarcastically and then pulled back my arm from him.

“Are you going to the Queen’s dinner?” He grabbed my hand when I was about to leave.

“Yes, I am.” I pulled my hand away from him. “Why do you keep touching me? I don’t like being touched.” I complained.

“You’re not gonna die if I touch you,” He frowned. “The Queen knows about your true identity. She doesn’t approve of you so you better be careful.”

“Why do you care? If all I know, all you want now is to have me gone because you think I’m pretending to be your precious Angelica.” I hissed at him. His features suddenly darkened when I mentioned it.

“You have the audacity to say that when you’re at fault.” He said in a low voice.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about Joshua. If it makes you feel any better, why not come to the dinner? The man you call Gilbert would be there. Why not observe how we will interact with each other? I am so sick of you telling that I’m an impostor.” I said as in an exhausted manner.

“I am coming to the dinner. I am invited.” He closed his book and then frowned even more.

“What’s wrong now?” I started walking but he matched my pace.

“You’re not lying are you?” He asked.

“Gee, you’re only figuring that out now? Joshua, I am a grown woman who spent her whole life living in Zostir. This is just a big coincidence.” I said as softly as possible since yelling at him doesn’t work.

“I still don’t trust you though.”

“I don’t need you to. I just want you to leave me the hell alone.” I said through my teeth. I sighed and then walked away from him.

He still matched my pace and it was starting to bug me. “Alright, if you lived in Zostir since you were a kid, tell me about your childhood.”

“I am not obliged to follow your whim.” I clicked my tongue and rolled my eyes at him.

“Oh come on… Are you wavering on what to say because you don’t know if you should tell the truth or the story that your King gave you?” I was beginning to feel very irritated with him.

“No, I’m wondering why I am having this conversation with a freak. But for the sake of your peace of mind I’ll tell you. I was an only child but since my parents are too busy with work I was practically governed by my Aunt. I had friends, lots of them even when I don’t go out of our house. We had servants and I was a great master to them. I was trained in the way of the sword and archery. Since my father knew I am a Catalyst he let my aunt taught me Coronian magic, he had someone else show me how to do Zostirian magic and I learned Monte Vistan magic on my own.” I explained. It was technically true so he can’t tell me I’m lying.