Crevania Chapter Three

Chapter three

It was the day I meet the Prince officially. He actually saw me once in the library but since I looked like a commoner who could be anyone that just happened to be there, he didn’t mind me. The mission was actually pretty appealing until I found out that we had to wear uniforms. I never wore one even back when I was still studying back at Zostir. Corona sure is one heck of a country. That was sarcastic by the way.

“I look like I'm seventeen.” I muttered as I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing black stockings, short skirt and polo with ribbon and stuff. I hated how it felt wearing this stupid outfit. I loved wearing armor, black clothes and badass kind of shirts.

Instead of wearing black shoes, I wore my leather boots and then I pulled my long hair up into a ponytail.

“That’s kind the idea. You must look like a teenager.” Simon commented.

“I look like I came from the world of anime. This is ridiculous.” I complained.

“Do you have any idea how beautiful you look?”

“No, I don’t. Let’s just go.” I hissed and then rolled my eyes. I grabbed my backpack and then walked out of my room.

“Your short height is becoming a good asset for you. Now you can pass on as a teenager.” Simon teased.

“I’ll kill you if you don’t shut up.” I threatened, annoyed by his jolly and upbeat attitude.

“Aw come on. I'm complimenting you, don’t you see?”

“No, I don't.” I rolled my eyes at him. If Simon was just some other person, I would've punched him to sleep by now. But actually, I find this personality of his refreshing.

We got out to the parking lot and just in time, Prince Richard Corona arrived. He frowned at me the moment he saw me.

“Who is this Simon?” He asked rudely.

“My name is Angelica Hove, your highness. I am your cousin.” I gave out the sweetest smile I can manage.

“Really now,” Richard eyed me suspiciously. He grabbed my hand and created ice between our palms and he made it creep all the way up my arm. I think he’s trying to make me feel cold but I wasn’t. Only royal bloods are immune to coldness and I believe catalysts are too.

“I'm immune to coldness. I guess that proves that I am a royal blood sire.” I said it as nice as I could but there was acid on my voice. I was beginning to hate his arrogance.

“Judging by the uniform you are wearing, you will be coming to school with me right? I know this is another one of your tricks to have someone watch over me Simon. I’m telling you now, if you don’t want this little girl hurt, pull her out now.” The prince threatened.

“Watch over you? What are you talking about?” I wondered, pretending to be innocent. I was quite good at it actually because I can see the Prince doubting himself now. “I came here so I can be protected. I can’t even take care of myself and you think I can protect you?”

“Why, did the Yin Yang attack you as well?” I easily got his sympathy.

“Yes, they did. My parents are now in grave condition and the only way I can be safe is if I came here.” I looked up pretending to control my tears and then laughed a little bit for more dramatic effect. “I had to go away even when I wanted to stay beside them.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll be safe here.” The prince patted my shoulder and then sighed. “I’m sorry. Let us go. We’ll be late for class.” The prince and I went inside the car.