Crevania Chapter Four

Chapter Four

“Joshua, do you have news?” Richard asked when he got out as well.

“No, the assassin got away.” The man’s green eyes darted to me and he looked at me from head to toe. “Who is this, your new girlfriend?”

“She’s my cousin. Angelica, meet the head of the intelligence team, Joshua Livian. Joshua, Angelica Hove. She’ll be staying here for protection.” Richard explained. I still couldn’t speak, as if I was shot by a bullet on the stomach. Yeah, I don’t mind the pain but the paralysis is the same.

“Is she mute?” He asked rudely. “Or am I the cause of that?” He asked arrogantly. I slipped off my ring and let myself be overwhelmed by power. It’s the only thing that gives me my courage, my power. And right now, I needed it to speak to him.

“No, I’m not. I was just amazed to see the Red Joker, finally.” I whispered and mouthed the Red Joker part so Richard wouldn’t hear. He went back to the driver to get out bags anyways so I highly doubt he heard it.

“You two know each other?” Richard asked after he handed me my bag.

“Yes, I know of him. He’s Joshua Livian, the famous heir to the Livian Mining Corporation, right? Their mansion resides just half a kilometer away from the Von Crest’s mansion.” I smiled as sweetly as I could and I hope my cheeks aren’t moving in nervousness. I slipped back my ring on my hand behind my back because I might suddenly have a breakdown right now. My heart was still beating really fast. There was something about him. It’s like I have been with him before. The feeling I had right now was menacing. I actually feared him!

“Wait, you say your name is Angelica right?” He frowned at me.

“Yes, it is. Is there something wrong with that?” I asked, frowning back at him.

“Did Gilbert send you here?” Joshua hissed and for some reason, I felt terrified. Maybe it’s the fact that he’s a catalyst too and he might be stronger than I am. My confidence is slowly slipping away again.

“No, he didn’t. You must be mistaking me for someone else.” I said in a calm manner.

“What has gotten into you Josh?” Richard seemed worried.

“This is Gilbert’s doing Richard. Don’t you see? The red hair, the pale skin and let me guess,” He suddenly reached out his hand and then grabbed my collar. He pulled it and then took out my necklace from grabbing it inside my clothes. He actually had to reach in between my cleavage. “This necklace too, and the whole Angelica gig,”

I clenched my fist and then gave him an uppercut. I twisted his arm, kicked him on the stomach and then took him down on the floor. I stepped back and then fully backed away when I realized what I had just done.

“Shit,” I mumbled.

“Joshua, are you alright?” Simon ran towards us from inside the castle. Right now I needed to look like I was the one who should be pitied even when I didn’t like that feeling.

“Pervert,” I hissed. Joshua stood up from the ground and then wiped the edge of his lips. “What kind of sick bastard are you?”

“Lady Hove, please calm down.” Simon went to my side and then looked at me. I fixed my clothes but took off my ribbon. It was ruined anyway and I’m going to take it off soon so there is no point in putting it back. I think a few buttons of my vest snapped after what he did.

“Is this the leader of the intelligence you speak of? This ill-mannered man is beyond excuse for what he did.” I hissed, took my bag from Richard, bowed a little and then took leave.