Crevania Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

When I woke up, I looked around to see where I was. “Are you alright?” Joshua asked. He was sitting beside me on the bed.

“How long was I out?”

“Just a few hours… Anya is being tended to by the best doctors here in Corona. How are you feeling?” I looked at myself. I’m fully healed but I feel stiff and so weak but I don’t want to stay here. My powers hasn't returned fully yet. I don't even think my magic gland has at least 1/4 of my powers.

I stood up and then knelt on the ground. I drew the circular communication spell on the floor with my index finger and then sat in it.

“Nuntius Incantatores,” I chanted and thought real hard off Lucas.

Yellow? He answered gleefully.

“There has been an incident.” I explained everything to him and I didn’t leave any detail behind.

“You told Nathaniel?” Joshua looked gloomy.

“Yes, I did.” I mumbled. “I have something to ask.”

What is it?

“Is Joshua related to Aunt Laura?” I asked through my teeth. Our communication spell suddenly got cut and I felt so disappointed.

“What did he say?” Joshua asked impatiently.

“The communication got cut.” I sighed in exasperation. He suddenly stood up and then opened his drawer. He took out a small frame and then showed it to me. My jaw dropped when I saw Aunt Laura’s portrait. “Is this her?”

“Yes, I believe so.” I looked down and answered. “I think it’s probably best if I tell you about her.”

Lucas suddenly appeared in front of us through a spell he used. “Where is my nephew? Can I look at him?” Joshua walked towards the image apparition of Lucas.

“Who are you?” He questioned.

“I’m Lucas Sphere, the King of Hearts. I am Angelica’s father and your mother’s brother. I can’t believe you’ve grown this much.” 

“Why am I only meeting you now and in the most unusual way possible too?”

“Laura placed me under a spell. As long as you haven’t found out about it yet, I cannot speak with you as your uncle. Now that you have, what relief I felt,” I looked down pondering on his statement. Every memory or secret sealed always has a key.

 “How come you never told me?” I questioned.

“That’s because I can’t. I would have if I could have.” Lucas answered smiling. He just can’t help himself. He looks so happy.

“Why did my mother leave?” Joshua’s voice almost choked out.

“You were sick Joshua. You were ill of Marie Highlander. It is a sickness that is incurable but Marie Highlander is the one who discovered a cure. The person diagnosed with this illness has small magic gland. This is of no issue if the person is barren. The more powerful the person, the greater the effect on the body… You have always been sickly ever since you were a child. You inherited this sickness from your father. Laura loved him so much that in order to get his hand in marriage, she saved his life. Of course my sister succeeded and they got married.” I was very shocked by the revelation.

“So you mean to say is that Aunt Laura manipulated one of the richest man in this country to marry her?” I gasped.

“Yes she did. Well my sister was the strongest woman in Crevania then so it wasn’t much of a big deal. She was the Queen of Hearts and everyone listened to everything she has to say. The great Queen of Monte Vista listens to her and we all know that Queen Veronica Monte Vista is the most stubborn of all. The fact that Laura can manipulate her, so all the more can she do the same to the other leaders of the country. She was the greatest asset of the Olympian brotherhood. She used to be a joker too.” Lucas’ eyes started to water. I hate it when he gets emotional. When he does that, I can’t help but pretend tough so I placed on a poker face. I don’t want to look weak. Not in front of my father that is. “Jonathan Livian didn’t love her in the beginning so he started womanizing even though the catch of curing him was to give him Laura’s own life. She found out about his affairs and she started getting wild about it. You, Joshua passed out and started to turn blue then because you couldn’t take the power Laura was emitting. Right then they knew you had the same sickness.”