(Snow And A Day Out Of School And Getting Lost) (PART 2)

Jake's P.O.V

I arrived home and felt sick thinking of Zean out alone in the cold. I knew I should have kept looking for him but Dylan would have noticed I wasn't here on time and I couldn't tell him that a miniature kid the size of my finger lived with us and I had just lost him!

I entered the house to see Dylan trying to clean up the place. Hopefully Zean would be ok out in the cold alone for a while. Maybe I could find him after Dylan's girlfriend came over.

Evaline was her name and to be honest I don't know what she saw in Dylan. Anyways I was internally screaming at myself to run back to the ice rink and search for Zean but what could I tell Dylan!?

Zean's P.O.V

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. A pink room. I was so confused and it wasn't until that moment that it all hit me.

The ice rink, the wind, the parking lot, the snow, running to Jake, him leaving, almost getting run over by his car, and the giant girl.

My eyes widened. Where was I!? Immediately I stood up to look around. I was close to the ground thankfully so I easily climbed out of whatever creepy doll house I was in.

Ok, now to look around. The window was closed but the bedroom door was opened. I smiled. I could get out of here!

So I made my way to the door but halfway there I heard footsteps. I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR! There was nowhere to hide!

Suddenly the girl came into view and again I stood frozen. "Oh you're awake. Hello." She said as she bent down next to me. "Are you alright?" She asked. She looked around Jake's age... maybe a bit younger...

"Hello?" She asked. "...u-um, hi. Where am I?" I slowly asked. She smiled. "Oh I brought you to my home. You looked cold. What are you?"

"A human... l-like you but smaller..."

"You're so cute." She squealed. I grinned. "Th-thank you..." I mumbled. Her eyes were such a shiny blue and her hair was a dark brown.

"I'm Katherine but you can call me Kat."

"I'm Zean." I said. I almost slapped myself when I realized the problem at hand.

"Sorry, but I need help."

"What's wrong?"

"Well, you see, I lost my friend at the ice skating place parking lot and I need to find him immediately! It's extremely important. He's like my family. Please help me find him. His name is Jake."

"Jake. Could you describe him?"

"Brown hair, green eyes. He has a brother named Dylan who had black hair and green eyes. Jake is seventeen and Dylan is in college. They both just moved around here and I need to find them!"

"Ok, ok. Calm down. I will help you. Right now, though, it's snowing and the snow is getting harder. Not to mention it's dark outside. How about we wait til the morning then we will go out and look for your friends. Ok? Oh and what's their last name?"

Was it bad that I didn't know their last name!? I facepalmed. "I don't know." I muttered. Kat sighed. "Don't worry. We'll find them. Oh and I'm sixteen. How old are you?"

"Thirteen." She nodded and sat down beside me. "I've never seen a person your size before."

"Yeah, well I don't know exactly why I'm this small or if I have a family. I don't know. I can't remember much of my past and I don't know why or if I have my own people or if they all went extinct. I don't know..."

"Wow. Well I have a little sister, a little brother, and a big brother who is already living on his own."

"Oh. Wow."

"Yeah." Awkward silence followed before Kat broke it by yawning. "Well it's getting late. Let's get some sleep and tomorrow we will look for your friends. I'm sure school will be out again since it's still snowing."

"Great."

Jake's P.O.V

Dylan's girlfriend got here and I have never been more bored. All they talked about was college, college, college, dating, college, college, college, proposing... I felt nauseous. I knew my brother had been dating this girl since high school and I didn't know what these two saw in each other but were they serious!?

Dylan was on one knee while holding a ring. "Evaline, will you marry me?"

Evaline was crying and said yes and Dylan gave her the ring. So this was why Dylan wanted me here. To be here during one of the most important moments of his life. He could have at least proposed in a fancy restaurant but whatever.

Evaline and Dylan were now engaged!? I seriously felt sick. They... they... they just got engaged! "Congratulations..." I mumbled as Dylan and Evaline kissed.

Ok so Dylan was taking a huge turn in his life. What about mine? Zean! I remembered Zean and got panicked. He was in the cold, alone, probably scared. "I will leave you two alone. So happy to see you two engaged. I have to go. Bye." I sprinted out the door.

Dylan didn't even look up at me! It was late and the snow was coming down hard. I couldn't get to the ice rink with the weather like this!

I entered the house and went upstairs to my room. Skye was asleep thankfully. I looked out the window. Maybe Zean was ok.

Zean's P.O.V

I woke up the next day hearing Kat already up and putting on her boots. "Good morning Zean. Ready to find your friend?"

"Yes!" I yelled as I got up. Kat let me sit on her shoulder as she walked to the ice rink. She lived in walking distance!

"I love ice skating here. Ice skating is my favorite thing to do." She said as the familiar parking lot came into view. I smiled. "Jake will hopefully come here soon to look for me." I said nervously.

Kat smiled. "Is that him?" She pointed. I turned around to see Jake instantly getting out of his car and yelling my name. What a coincidence we got here almost at the exact same time!

He must have ran the speed limit... and on snow! I shivered from the cold and from the thought that Jake could have gotten in a wreck... or maybe he woke up earlier than  Kat and drove the speed limit?

"HEY JAKE!" Kat yelled. Jake looked her direction in confusion while I tried jumping up and waving my arms while on Kat's shoulder. He obviously couldn't see me but when he came closer his eyes widened and he ran to me.

"Zean!"

"Yeah... I found him the other day. He said you're his friend. Oh and I'm Kat, by the way."

"Jake. Nice to meet you. And thank you." Jake added as I jumped into his palm.

"You know, I come here often. Maybe we can meet up sometime."

"Yeah, I'd like that." The two chatted along. I was glad to be back with Jake though.

:)