(Awkward Meeting)

Jake's P.O.V

Zean ran out from under my bed when Michael was standing at the doorway. They were staring at each other.

"J-Jake? You see the little human being too... right?" Michael spoke. How do I respond to this?

I decided to tell him the truth. "Yes. Michael, this is Zean. Zean, Michael." I introduced. Zean stood there frozen.

"What!?" Michael yelled. He continued staring at Zean.

"Zean has been living with me since I moved here."

"He lives in your room?"

"Yeah. He likes to hide and explore and stuff." I said as I put my hand down for him. He got on my palm as I slowly lifted him up to where Michael could see him.

Michael just looked at him with wide eyes. "I'm seeing things, right? There is not a tiny person standing in your hand. People this small can't exist!"

"..."

"...whatever. How is he so small?"

"I don't know." Zean and I said at the same time. "Can I hold him?"

" Uh, you don't mind, right Zean?"

"O-ok." So Zean jumped onto Michael's palm and waved up at him. Michael looked shocked. "Ok. You can have him back now. He's creeping me out!"

"He just waved at you."

"And he's creeping me out. He can't seriously be that small!"

Zean's P.O.V

This has got to be the most shocked a giant has been to see me. Jake just thought he was seeing things, I don't think Dylan even questioned my existence, and here Michael was freaking out.

Jake had to calm him down while I stood on the nightstand.

"Michael it's ok. Zean doesn't understand why he's so small either. I just accepted it."

"But he-- WHOA!" Michael suddenly scooped me up in his hands before I could say anything.

"Michael! What are you doing!?"

"He almost got eaten by your bird." Michael said. Ok, first of all, I was standing only beside Skye's cage. Second of all, Skye was just about to peck at my head, and third Michael moved way too fast!

Jake chuckled. "No he wasn't. Skye wouldn't eat Zean. Believe me, I know. Skye is nice to Zean." He said.

I looked over at Skye to see him flapping his wings. Michael looked at me then apologized. I just slowly nodded. "I-it's fine..." I mumbled.

Michael very, very, very slowly moved me over to Jake so I jumped onto Jake's palm. "There you go Zean." Jake set me down on his bed this time.

"O-ok. I gotta go but maybe we can meet up sometime." He said as he slowly waved than left. I stood there with Jake.

"That was awkward." Jake muttered. I shrugged. "So What can we do?"

"Wanna go ice skating now with Kat?"

"Yes." And so we made our way to the ice skating rink. Jake didn't live that far from it but it wasn't walking distance.

He finally parked and got out of the car with me on his shoulder. "Do not fall off this time Zean. Hold on. I don't want to lose you again."

"Believe me, neither do I." I agreed as Jake walked inside. Kat was skating with a few people as we watched.

"Hey Jake!" She yelled as she waved and skated up to us. "Hey." Jake said. I waved as well. "Hi Zean." Kat smiled. "So, Michael found out about Zean. He freaked out."

"Makes sense. Is he ok?"

"Yeah. I guess." Jake laughed. He was blushing!? "Hey wanna come ice skate?" Kat asked.

"Sure. One sec." Jake said before looking at me. "Are you fine with ice skating?"

"Fine by me." I said as I held on to his shoulder. Jake had the hood of his fluffy jacket up on his head so people couldn't see me.

I watched as he put on his ice skates and made his way to the ice. Jake was great at ice skating so I guessed he came here often.

It felt like hours that Jake and Kat were ice skating together. I got tired and fell asleep on Jake's shoulder during half of it and I'm sure they walked down the sidewalk and talked a bit before walking back.

I seriously fell asleep so I don't know half of what they talked about but when I woke up Jake was yelling bye to Kat as he walked to his car.

Finally Jake drove back home after taking off his hood and letting me sit in the cup holder. "So, Jake... Do you like Kat?"

"Of course I like Kat."

"I mean as more than a friend."

"Um... I-I don't know..." he stuttered. He was blushing again. "You do like her."

"Pfft. You sound like Michael."

I laughed as he drove home. Dylan was at home already working on college work when Jake walked in with me. I was on Jake's shoulder as he walked in to the kitchen. Food!

Dylan was at the table on his laptop working on something while Jake looked for food. "Hey Jake, I--"

Dylan stopped and stared at me when Jake turned around. Jake's eye widened.

"So when did you two meet?" Dylan asked. Jake stood there in shock. "W-what do you mean?" He asked as he tried to hide me.

"I see Zean."

"Wait you two have met!?"

"Yes." Both Dylan and I said at the same time. Jake set me down on the counter. "Since how long have you two known each other?" He asked.

"I would ask you the same thing." Dylan added. We both looked at Zean. "Ok so I kinda met Jake first then later on I met Dylan and I kinda didn't tell either of you about it because you both didn't want the other one knowing."

Dylan and Jake looked at each other. "Well I guess that makes things easier since when Evaline and I get married, Jake you're taking Zean with you when you move out."

"Ouch. No love here."Jake said sarcastically.

"Just saying." Dylan added. Jake got an apple then walked upstairs after I grabbed a grape.  "I've still got another year here so might as well make the most of it." Jake said as he smiled at me.

Skye chirped. "Yeah, yeah. I'll feed you too buddy." Jake said before getting Skye's food. Finally everyone was in bed asleep. The thought did cross my mind though, were there any other people my size out there?