(Jake's Birthday)

Jake's P.O.V

Andrew had gotten quite used to the place. He didn't really like Dylan though. I didn't know why but I could just tell. Not to mention, Skye scared him.

Andrew completely refused to sleep on the nightstand near him, unlike Zean. Anyways, I woke up excited because today was my birthday and I was FINALLY eighteen!

Andrew's P.O.V

I had to sleep on a pillow far away from that scary bird that looked like it was ready to eat me... or bite me. I was cautious when it came to animals... or giants... or anything that was bigger than me that could move.

Zean woke up and Jake helped him down from the nightstand. Zean. He was like 3 years younger than me, I think, and he was pretty bad at not being able to get very far without being noticed by something or someone.

"Ok, so it's about time I go to school. Oh and no neither of you are coming with me. Just stay home, keep each other company, and don't mess up anything. Got it?"

"Got it!" Zean said. "S-sure." I added. Jake said another goodbye then left. Maybe today would be a good day to relax and do absolutely no-

"Hey Andrew!"

I sighed. Of course I couldn't relax today. Especially when I saw Zean point to the calendar on Jake's wall. "It's his birthday." Zean said happily.

"I see. So what are we gonna do? Throw a huge birthday party? I don't think that's possible with us and our height." I said.

Dylan was thankfully at college. I don't know but I didn't like him... He kind of freaked me out. He was taller and scarier than Jake. Also Zean told me Dylan had a girlfriend... or fiance. I admit I was a bit jealous that I was alone.

"Yeah. Obviously. Who cares about our size. We can do it besides you an get on and off counters and tables faster than I can." Zean said. I, of course, jumped hearing his voice.

Zean's P.O.V

I knew where party supplies were since I loved exploring the house so I lead Andrew to the tall closet. "Let's do this."

Jake's P.O.V

School took forever. Before I had a chance to go home though Kat invited me to the ice skating rink. Of course I agreed.

Michael had gotten sick so when Kat told me we both agreed to go to his house and see how he was doing.

Ice skating was fun and by the time we were ready to leave, it was dark. So we had a short walk over to Michael's ginormous house.

Poor Michael. I felt bad for him. I wasn't expecting him to be so sick. He was pale, coughing, and I was sure he had a fever.

"Why are you two here? I don't want either of you to catch my sickness."

"Oh please, I have a strong immune system." I said. Kat snickered. "Same." She added. We spent over an hour talking to Michael before I realized it was almost midnight.

"Ok we better go. You seriously need rest. It's late." I mumbled. Kat nodded and yawned.

So I walked Kat home. When she left I walked home myself. It was kind of a long walk but whatever. I hoped Zean and Andrew were ok.

The wind blew and it was cold so I tried to get home quickly but before I could reach the driveway I spotted the neighbor who I had met before. If I had learnt correctly then maybe now I could understand him.

"Hi." I said as I walked up to him and waved. He waved back. "I... am Jake." I tried my best to sign. He smiled and spelt his name slowly. "Kallen." He signed... I think.

"Kallen." I said. He smiled slightly before looking at his watch. He tapped it then looked at me before waving bye. I waved back before he went inside.

I shivered as the cold wind blew. Now to get home. I sneezed but shrugged it off as I used my keys to open the door. The lights were on so I closed the door and sighed.

"Zean! Andrew! I'm home!" I yelled and I carefully watched were I was walking and made my way to my room. "Guys, uh..." I was speechless.

My room... was a mess. My nightstand drawer was open, streamers in the floor, a streamer almost hung up on the window with Skye sitting on it with Zean on Skye's back trying to attach another streamer, Andrew blowing into a balloon his size which wasn't getting anywhere, and one of my socks were on Skye's cage.

I wasn't going to ask but by the looks of it they had planned to throw me a birthday party... which failed. "Really guys? You didn't have to do this." Zean smiled.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!" Zean screamed. I grinned. "Thanks."

Andrew laid on the ground after giving up trying to blow up the balloon. "Happy... birthday... Jake." He said out of breath.

"Sorry I was gone for so long. Come here Skye." Skye flew onto my head with Zean screaming as he held on. After helping Zean off and putting both him and Andrew on my bed I easily cleaned up my room.

I yawned and got ready for bed. I had to put Skye in his cage, get a shower, brush my teeth, and actually get in bed.

"Goodnight Zean, Andrew, Skye. Thanks for the birthday surprise." I said before closing my eyes.

"Jake?" Zean asked.

"Yes?"

"Tomorrow I want to do something fun."

"Well Michael's sick, Kat would probably be ice skating like usual... maybe Kallen would."

"Kallen?"

"Oh yeah, the neighbor who I met. He's deaf. I was able to sign to him. So yeah, we are acquaintances although I'm hoping we could be friends." I said.

"That's cool." Andrew muttered, falling asleep."

"Tomorrow... how about going to the Amusement Park? It will be open."

"DEAL!" Both Zean and Andrew said in sync. I laughed. Tomorrow would be exciting.

Sorry it's taken so long to update but I started a book on another profile of mine. Anyways, I've started working on the next part so it should be up soon. Again it's the WiFi's fault.