(Next Door Neighbor)

Jake's P.O.V

So recently I have not really gotten to know any neighbors or made any friends in the neighborhood. I part of me wanted to make more friends but the other part of me just wanted to stay inside and be lazy all day.

Zean was asleep and I had just gotten back home from another day at school. Dylan was still taking classes in college and more than likely spending time with Evaline as well.

Kat was ice skating today... like every day... and Michael was getting his drivers license today. I was SOOOOOOOOOOO bored...

Skye flew around my room while I laid on my bed with nothing to do. Maybe it would be better if I went to meet the neighbors. I sighed and looked out the window.

Might as well.

Zean's P.O.V

I woke up and Jake was nowhere in sight. He probably went somewhere without me. I sighed and looked around. Time for some exploring!!!

I climbed down the nightstand and looked around the messy room. Empty boxes, a giant bed, the nightstand, Skye, oooh A HOLE IN THE WALL! Of course it wasn't big enough for Skye to get through but I could. I looked inside and made sure there was no insect or rodent before running inside the wall.

It was so cool! And dark. I eventually started to get worried because I may have gotten lost while exploring. When I did see light it wasn't any room inside the house. It was outside.

Jake's P.O.V

So I went to meet the neighbors. The house across from ours was empty, the house to the right of it lived an old couple, and the house to the left of it had this huge family of five people.

There was no one my age that lived near me except for the guy that came out of the house beside ours. He looked around my age. So I went up to him to talk.

"Hi. I'm Jake. I just moved here around a week ago." I said. He stared at me then started using really fast sign language!

I couldn't understand him! I slowly waved. He smiled and waved back. He had dark hair and was short but he looked about my age. "I... do not... understand you..." I said extremely slowly. If I could figure out how to communicate with this guy then maybe I would have another friend.

I needed to look up sign language.

Zean's P.O.V

Outside!!! It had been a while since I went exploring outside alone. Jake was talking to someone I didn't know. Who was he?

I tried to walk over to get a better look but I ran into something... or someone. "Ow! Watch it!" Said the person. "S-sorry! I just--" This person was my size!

He had his arms crossed and looked terrifying. I do admit he was like five inches taller than me... in my height not Jake's. "Hi, I'm Zean."

"Hi, I don't care." He said. He started walking away right as Jake came our direction. At that moment his eyes widened and he looked toward him. "A giant is coming! Quick, hide!" He yelled before grabbing me and running into the tall grass.

"What were you thinking!? Standing out here in the open isn't exactly safe!? That giant could have stepped on you or even killed you!"

"Uh... b-but that's my giant. Jake. He's really nice and he would never step on me. Anyways, what's your name again?"

I was slapped in the face. "You are absolutely insane!" This guy said before shaking his head and running away. Was this what all of my kind were like? Crazy? Or maybe I was the crazy one? No he was the crazy one if anything.

It was then that I realized Jake had entered the house. I was trapped outside! This was just great. Note my sarcasm.

I sighed and ran back into the walls. Maybe I could find my way back. Maybe...

Well I found Dylan's room and he was working on his laptop. "Hey Dylan!"

"Hm? Oh hey Zean. What do you want?"

"I need to get to Jake's room." Dylan sighed and let me crawl into the palm of his hand. "TO JAKE'S ROOM!" I yelled, pointing forward.

When Dylan put me down on the nightstand was when Jake came back. "Hey. What are you doing?"

"Zean asked me to bring him here so I did. Your welcome. Now I got to get back to work." Dylan said before leaving. Skye was on top of the cage like he usually was after flying around and Jake immediately got on his laptop on the desk at the other side of the room.

"Jake! What are you working on?"

"I'm looking up sign language because there's a neighbor who lives beside us who is deaf and I want to be friends with him."

"You're getting a lot of friends."

"I have, like, two or three? At least one more friend so I can have someone to spend time with when the others can't."

"When wouldn't I be able to spend time with you?"

"You sleep more than anything... in case you haven't noticed."

I shrugged. He had a point. I liked my sleep. I wondered who that crazy guy was as Jake was busy. He was my size, obviously my kind, what if we were related!?

Was there anyone else? I should have asked him. What was his name? He was very rude. I needed to talk to him but I didn't know where he had went and it was freezing cold outside as well!

At least the snow was melting. I fell asleep again while Jake was memorizing and working on learning sign language. He obviously could not live without a group of friends.

Jake's P.O.V

I fell asleep at around 3 AM. I had never stayed up later. AND I FORGOT ABOUT THE MATH TEST TOMORROW! Yes we had school tomorrow... AND I FORGOT ABOUT THE TEST!

When I woke up and the thought crossed my mind I panicked. I hated math.

Ok, so I hope you all enjoy this book. I am just updating at random times from now on. Anyways follow, vote, share, comment, I will update again later on. 😊