Chapter 20: A final goodbye

*Saturday June 9, 2012*

Louis' POV

Allie hasn't said one word in four days; she just lays there and she won't eat anything either. She has times when she just cries for hours, times she just lays there silently looking at the wall, or she has an anxiety attack, or is sleeping but then wakes up with nightmares. We came back to her place and I haven't left her. Her dad has been at the bar every night after work so he is never actually here luckily. I don't know what to do. I don't want her to ever be home alone with him because there's too much of a chance that he would hurt her. All I can keep thinking about is the promise I made to her mom; that I would always protect her.

Allie relapsed too; I know she's angry with herself but she did it again today. I told her I wasn't upset at her about it though; and I really am not. I don't know what to do for her. It kills me to see her in so much pain. There's nothing I can do and there's nothing I can change to make it all go away for her.

I don't know where we go from here; she's not allowed to move out for a year and a half. I don't know how long she will be like this but every moment watching her die inside kills me.

**

"Babe, you have to get up today; the service is in two hours." I tried saying softly to Allie as she just lay there next to me. She seemed to lay there lifeless with no real response; just as she has the past four days.

"Love, please say something." I pleaded softly

After a few moments of silence Allie sat up without a word; bringing her knees to her chest and letting her head fall.

"Come here." I said pulling her close to me so that she was completely on top of me with her head and hands in my chest. How do I comfort her and tell her everything will be alright when her mother has died? I have to bring her out of this depression somehow. She needs closure of it all; she's still having a hard time believing that her mom is actually gone.

"S-She c-can't-t be go-one." She cried into me. This has been the cycle of what has happened in the past few days. She'll lay there and not say or move for hours and then she'll cry; and she'll cry for hours and this is all breaking my heart to see her so broken. I just want to take all the pain away from her.

She's so scared too; of her dad. She thinks that she'll be next if he killed his own wife he would have no problem doing the same with her. I won't let that happen though; he'd kill me before I'd let him touch her again. It's another reason why I haven't left her; I'm not leaving her in this house alone. Other than her dad her brother Luke is here; but he's dealing with all of this to, he just lost his mom and doesn't need to be watching over his sister right now.

After calming her down enough I was finally able to get her out of bed and take a shower.

Allie's POV

She can't be gone. She can't be gone. Is what I keep telling myself; but I know she is, I know she's gone. I can't seem to find enough energy to talk or move much; I think I'm just too scared to keep living. Louis hasn't left me since my mom died; that sounds weird to say; that she's dead. Anyway, he hasn't left my side and is the only thing that is pushing me to do anything at all. I just want to stay standing here in the shower and not go anywhere. I don't want to go to her funeral; I do of course because she was my mom, but I don't. I don't want to because I'm going to have to talk to a lot of people, I'm going to have to see her in a casket, and I'm going to have to see my dad, which I haven't in five days; I haven't even left my room. I'm so scared that my dad is going to kill me next; which he will. It might not be today or tomorrow, but it will happen; he'll kill me just like he did my mom. I guess I have to go now and face it all.