Chapter 27: A little bit better

*Saturday June 30, 2012*

Luke’s POV

“You have to stop hurting her or we’ll move out and you’ll be here alone and it will be your own damn fault!” I yelled at my dad as we were home alone.

“You can’t do that, Allie’s still a minor!”

“You don’t even want her here so why are you making her stay? And she’ll be 18 in a matter of 5 months so don’t think it isn’t coming one way or another. All you do is hurt her. Don’t you realize that she tried to fucking kill herself?!?! It wasn’t for some damn attention or shit. Allie, YOUR DAUGHTER wanted to DIE! Don’t you understand that?!”

“Don’t you think I know what she did?!”

“Then why are you so mad at her about it? Why don’t you try and treat her better? Her whole life all she’s ever tried to do was to make you and mom proud and all you’ve ever done is tell her that she’s worthless! Do you realize what you’ve put her through? Do you know the amount of bruises and cuts she has on her body because of YOU?!?! I’m done watching you hurt her so badly. I will not let you do to Allie what you did to mom! If you don’t stop or let her move out I WILL report you!” I said sternly to my father. As I did he finally realized what I was threatening.

“You can’t just leave me here alone!” He was practically begging me; I’ve never seen him so vulnerable.

“Then you have to stop this, stop the drinking and stop the abuse. I’m serious about this dad; I’m done. This is the first and last warning, no second chances!”

Allie’s POV

I abruptly stood up from the couch and Louis’ arms walking towards the kitchen. We had been having another lazy day and I couldn’t do it anymore; I’m tired of not doing anything. I’ve loved being with Louis, that’s obviously not it. I just need to do something, I feel helpless and I’m not.

“Where are you going?” Louis asks as I continued to walk.

“I can’t just lay here all day Louis.”

“Allie” I heard him sigh before the tv was off and I heard him walking behind me. I turned the sink on starting to wash the dishes that were much too far behind; probably because of me and my mother’s absence.

“You don’t need to do that right now.” Louis said resting his hands on my waist.

“Then when? I’m not helpless and I can’t stand not doing anything.”

“I didn’t say you were.” He said turning me around, wrapping his arms around me. “So if you don’t want to watch tv what do you want to do then? There are just sooo many options!” He continued as a smirk grew on his lips and the sarcasm was clear in his voice.

“I don’t know but my guess is that you have an idea.” I rolled my eyes jokingly

“Maybe.” He responded shrugging his shoulders. Before I could respond he had reached behind me and there were now bubbles from the sink on my nose.

“Hey!”

“Yes?”

“I’m getting you back for that.”

“Oh yes, please” He chuckled backing up and mockingly bowing. He’s so cocky but I love him.

I reached behind me grasping a handful of bubbles before walking towards him but he ran to the right and out the back door.

“Louis!!” I called after him. The second my feet hit the porch I looked down to the yard to see Louis with the hose pointed right at me.

“You wouldn’t.”