Chapter 3

"Seriously dude, get off of your mopey ass, and let's go!" the loud voice rang throughout the room, eliciting a groan from the brunette who was curled up on the bed.

"Could you be any louder?" he snapped, grabbing his pillow to pull it over his head.

"Actually, I can," the voice said, this time louder than before.

"You're a fucking asshole, you know?" Blaine growled as he chucked his pillow at the blonde who was standing at the end of his bed.

"I'll take it," Sam shrugged, throwing the pillow back at him.

Blaine sat up slowly, sending a glare towards his friend. "I hate you."

"You don't," Sam scoffed before heading over to the night table next to Blaine's bed. "Here. Take these, grumpy. They'll help." He held up two little pills and a glass of water. "With the headache, at least. I don't think anybody can help with the asshole persona you've taken on."

"Shut up," Blaine rolled his eyes. He took the Advil and the glass of water, popping the pills into his mouth and chasing them down with a sip of water, followed by a quiet but still grouchy "thank you."

"Anytime. Now, you need to get up, shower – because you smell like ass – and get dressed, because we're in New York and you still haven't shown me around."

"Must you be all touristy while you're here?" Blaine groaned as he set the glass back on the table. "It's just buildings and pavement." Of course, it was so much more than 'just buildings and pavement,' but he was not in the mood to play tour guide.

"It's New York, Blaine!" Sam exclaimed, giving Blaine a look of mock horror. "'Just buildings and pavement?!' What's gotten in to you?"

"About six too many tequila shots." Blaine muttered as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Yeah, you probably should have slowed down a little last night," Sam agreed, sitting down at the end of the bed. "Whatever the hell happened between you and Kurt must have seriously pissed you off, because once he left, you went crazy with the booze."

"I don't want to talk about it." Blaine snapped as he quickly got out of the bed, stumbling a little when he did. "Fuck," he mumbled, trying to steady himself.

Sam shook his head. "Whatever dude, it's not my problem. Just...one thing." He added quickly, chuckling when Blaine shot him a glare. "Kurt's always been guarded, but he's a great guy, so don't take whatever he did last night to heart, okay?"

"It's a little hard not to."

"Just try and call him. At least work things out so that you both could be friends, or at least friendly towards each other," Sam offered with a shrug.

"I don't even have his number." Blaine made his way across the room towards the ensuite bathroom.

"You really are clueless, aren't you?" Sam shook his head. "I'm friends with Kurt, you idiot. I have his number."

"I don't need it," Blaine said stubbornly as he stood in the doorway to the bathroom. "Keep it."

"You really are stupid." Sam rolled his eyes, watching as Blaine made his way into the bathroom, shutting the door a little harder than needed. As soon as he heard the water begin to run he grabbed a piece of paper and writing down Kurt's number, adding the words 'don't be stupid' on the bottom, before heading out to get ready himself.

...

A sigh escaped Blaine's lips as he glared down at the number scrawled across the paper that he was holding. He had only noticed the paper when he went to his night table to grab his watch after showering and dressing. At first, he had been irritated that Sam couldn't have just left things alone, but now, here he sat glaring down at the number as he tried to figure out what he wanted to do with it.