Chapter 10

Author's note: The chapter you all have been waiting for... 

"I – I... you, wow," Blaine stuttered as his eyes flicked up to the ocean blue ones staring back at him that were surrounded by a dark line of eyeliner. Eyeliner! Kurt was wearing eyeliner, and god was it hot.

"Thanks." Kurt's cheeks flushed a deep red, feeling a thrill of excitement as he averted his gaze from Blaine's in embarrassment.

"I'm serious. You look...incredible," Blaine breathed. He let his eyes travel Kurt's body, over the leather vest that hugged Kurt's torso perfectly, down to Kurt's gloriously tight black skinny jeans, and finally to his worn combat boots. The entire outfit fit him incredibly well, and the few leather bracelets that where strung on Kurt's wrists tied it together completely. The outfit itself was completely unlike Kurt with its punk rock aspects, but in a way, it suited him completely.

"It was Isabelle's idea," Kurt shrugged and suddenly it made sense to Blaine. Kurt most likely would have chosen something completely different himself, but Isabelle Wright seemed to have a knack for picking things out for Kurt that he wouldn't typically pick for himself, and they always looked flawless on him. "You look pretty great yourself, Mr. Zuko."

Blaine looked down at his own outfit. "Well thank you. You picked well."

"I did. I knew that you'd make the perfect Danny." Kurt nodded approvingly, meeting Blaine's eyes once more. "Shall we?" he asked, holding his hand out for the boy to take.

"You just destroyed that punk rocker image," Blaine stated in mock disappointment. He moved to take Kurt's hand, but frowned when Kurt quickly retracted it.

"Fine then," he scoffed, gently grabbing Blaine's forearm, pulling him forward. Kurt moved to his side, slinging his arm around Blaine's waist as he began to walk. "Let's go, babe," he drawled, smiling when Blaine chuckled in response.

"I mean, we're getting closer I guess," Blaine teased, stopping abruptly in front of a door. He turned to give Kurt – who was now frowning in confusion – a soft smile. "Ella wants to meet you. She's dying to see us in our costumes." He opened the door to his neighbor's apartment. "Hey, El, you best get over here if you want to meet Kurt!" he called. A happy shriek rang through the room, followed by the sound of Ella scurrying down the hallway.

"He's here?!" she asked excitedly when she spotted Blaine, which made Kurt giggle at her excitement.

"He is. Now please don't embarrass me," Blaine said, giving her a pointed look.

"I would never!" Ella placed a hand over her heart.

"Yeah, okay," Blaine scoffed, trying his best to suppress an eye roll, but failing when Ella chuckled. "Alright, Ella this is Kurt, Kurt, this mischievous one is Ella." Blaine introduced them, then stepped to the side so that they both could see each other properly.

Ella flung her arms around Kurt, who was quick to reciprocate the action, laughter bubbling out of him as he did. "Kurt!" Ella screeched, "It's so nice to put a face to the name."

"Well, I don't usually look like this," Kurt joked as the two pulled out of their embrace. "It's nice to meet you as well. Your chocolate cake was absolutely amazing, by the way. I was absolutely wooed."

"Well good! This one has been doing a terrible job trying to win you over so far, somebody had to kick it up a notch."

Kurt huffed out a laugh, turning to face Blain who had his lips pursed in a pout. "I wouldn't say a terrible job," Kurt shrugged, turning back to Ella. "But chocolate cake always helps."