Chapter 5

Thank you all for you're responses to this story! Glad you guys seem to like it so far!

-B

Blaine narrowed his eyes, huffing in anger when the bouncer once again asked him to head to the back of the line.

"You don't understand," he pleaded as his eyes moved towards the entrance of the club. "My friend's in there, it's an emergency."

"Sir please, just do all of us a favor and head to the back of the line. I'm sure your friend will be fine until you get through." The bouncer answered with a shrug before nodding towards the back of the line.

"This is unbelievable!" Blaine snarled, turning to make his way to the back of the line.

"Hey Joe, there's some guy on the floor of the bathroom who is freaking out. He doesn't look so great, you should probably call somebody." A voice said from behind Blaine, causing the boy to stop in his tracks and whip around to face the bouncer and the blonde that now stood next to him.

"That's Kurt!" he said quickly as he began to walk back towards them. "My friend, the one that I said I needed to see." He added hoping that the man - Joe - would let him in now.

"You're here for him?" the blonde asked, looking at him skeptically.

"Yes, yes please let me in."

"Fine, but next time you're waiting in line." Joe mumbled, stepping out of the way for Blaine to go through.

As soon as he got past Joe, Blaine made his way down the set of steps that led to the open space of the club. His eyes quickly flickered back and forth, looking for an illuminated sign to help guide him to his destination. He breathed a sigh of relief when he spotted the red sign that clearly red 'Washrooms' and quickly made his way towards the mass of bodies that stood in his way. He was practically jogging as he pushed his way through the crowd, his eyes trained on the illuminated doorway where he knew he would find Kurt.

"What the fuck man!" someone shouted when he accidentally shoved them a little harder than he meant to.

"I'm sorry!" Blaine apologized immediately, throwing his arms in the air in mock surrender, then quickly resumed making his way to the washroom. The guy sent him a glare and went back to dancing, forgetting about the altercation that had just taken place.

It seemed like hours had passed by the time Blaine reached the bathroom. His eyes scanned the area as he walked through, searching every inch of the dimly lit room for the ocean blue eyes. Frustratingly, every stall seemed to be empty and Kurt was nowhere to be found. Blaine's concerned frown only lifted when he heard ragged breaths ringing through the room.

"Kurt?" he called, scanning the room once again. His eyes shot to an opening at the end of bathroom stalls when a soft whimper escaped from it. Blaine made it to the opening in only a few strides, his heart stopping as a broken, exhausted-looking Kurt came in to view. His eyes were red and puffy, his skin ghostly pale, and he was curled into a ball. He was slowly rocking himself back and forth as his eyes shot up meeting Blaine's worried gaze.

"Kurt," Blaine breathed in relief, dropping to his knees and wrapping his arms around Kurt, who launched himself into Blaine's embrace.

"Hey, it's okay," Blaine whispered soothingly as he rubbed soft circles along Kurt's back. "Everything's okay, you're fine," he repeated when Kurt whimpered in response. "I'll tell you what...how about we head out of here, and I will take you back to my apartment, and when you're ready, you can fill me in on what happened. What do you say?"