Chapter 8

Author's note: Here's some fluff... and some hurt/comfort. Enjoy!

"Blaine..." Kurt mumbled letting his eyes fall shut for a moment, head tilting back in pleasure. "I'm supposed to be working, you know?" he added, any trace of protest leaving his voice as he let out a moan.

"No, I didn't get that at all, considering the lack of typing, or the fact that your eyes are screwed shut," Blaine said sarcastically as he continued to work his fingers over the stiffness of Kurt's neck.

"That's not fair. I was typing furiously before you came in, and my eyes were open wide, thank you very much," Kurt quipped, opening his eyes once again, the smirk that had begun to creep on to his lips dissolving into an expression of greatest pleasure when Blaine worked on a knot in his shoulder. He could not stop his eyes from falling shut once again as he spoke breathlessly. "Your hands are magical."

"Clearly." Blaine chuckled, moving his hands lower to work on Kurt's upper back. "I've never had anyone turn into a literal puddle in my hands before."

"M'not a puddle," Kurt fired back, but his words were a slurred jumble as Blaine's 'magic fingers' continued to relieve the tension in his back.

"You most definitely are." Blaine laughed, shaking his head and pulling his hands away. His laugh grew louder when Kurt groaned in protest, a pout forming across his lips, his eyes fluttering open.

"I didn't say that you needed to stop," Kurt said, swiveling around to face Blaine who was resting against his desk.

"You didn't, but I'm sure James would be a little pissed if, at the end of the day, the November issue was not handed in, considering it is set to be published in four days. Plus, Hannah will be in any moment to drag me away, and tell you to get back to work. She promised me five minutes."

"Ugh, that woman," Kurt scoffed, letting his head fall back against his chair as he slid down a little. "Always keeping tabs on me."

"Oh whatever, you love her." Blaine knew how much Kurt appreciated Hannah. "When do you think you'll be off?"

"Only god knows." Kurt shrugged. "Oh! Speaking of work and Vogue and stuff," Kurt began, pulling himself up in his chair, excitement shining behind his blue eyes that were glued to Blaine's. "We have our annual Halloween party on Tuesday."

"Yeah, Hannah mentioned it before she let me in to see you. She was overly excited that the party was actually taking place on Halloween this year instead of the weekend before."

Kurt laughed and shook his head, "Well, considering that I am the assistant chief editor and all, I'm expected to have some 'serious eye candy' – as James puts it – on my arm, and I was wondering if, well...I wanted you to come with me," he said quickly, letting his eyes fall to where Blaine's hand rested on the desk. "Only if you want to, though, because if you don't, that's totally okay – "

"Kurt."

"–I mean, it's so last minute, I know, but I could make your costume – "

"Kurt!"

"–And I'd be able to give you a ride. I just think it'd be nice to go with someone that I actually like and not some random guy that the company finds for me, and...umph." Blaine's lips landed on Kurt's, sufficiently ending the boy's nervous ramble.

"I'd love to," Blaine whispered when he had pulled back, a smile tugging at his lips.

"Really?" Kurt asked hopefully as he bounced a little in his chair, causing Blaine to let out a soft laugh at his eagerness.