Chapter 1: Discoveries

I walk down the street to the Phoenix Police Station. My dad works there and I help out every once in awhile. Mostly just helping sort out old files. 

Memories come flooding in from earlier this day...

"Oh! Look who it is! (Y/n) (L/n)! The girl who stole my boyfriend!" I hear Stephanie Meyers call from behind me. Stephanie Meyers was the school's 'popular kid'. She always has a posse with her. And her boyfriend or ex-boyfriend, is the school's football captain, Jason Willis. 

Jason is one of my only friends here in Phoenix High. I was called the 'weird kid'. The only reason he is my friend is, his dad works with my dad. We walk to the Police Station together and since we're also neighbors we sometimes walk home together after school. That's only if he isn't busy with football. 

 I turn around to look at her. "Stephanie, I keep telling you. I don't like your boyfriend. And it isn't my fault that he broke up with you." I try to calmly tell her.

"Yeah! That's what you say! But there's rumors, about you and Jason, going around the school. He walked you home from school right before he broke up with me."

"So? Rumors are rumors. He walked home with me that day! It doesn't mean anything. We are neighbors and friends! Nothing else." 

"Oh yeah? You sat next to him at lunch today!"

I start getting mad at her for not believing me. Me and Jason are just friends! Our dads work together and we see each other at the Police Station after school! 

"We are just friends!" I raise my voice. As I say that, the hall lights flicker on and off. 

"You clearly are not 'just friends'!" She yells coming even closer to me. 

"If you act like this all the time I don't blame Jason breaking up with you." I tell her. 

She comes up to me and tries to slap me. Key word 'tries'. I knew what was coming and closed my eyes. I don't feel any contact on my face.

I hear Stephanie struggling for some reason. I open my eyes to see her hand right by my face but stuck in mid air. 

"What are you doing?!" She screams. 

"I don't know!" I yell back terrified of what was happening. 

I start breathing in and out. 

'Calm down' I say to myself. 'Calm down.'

Eventually it stops. The lights stay on and Stephanie's arm is no longer right in my face. 

I didn't know what to do. Besides run. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys hope you like my new book! Scott Summers x Reader! I really worked hard on it. There was a lot of brainstorming going on but yeah! 

                                                                              See ya later!                                                                                                                                                                                             xoxo -MangoAmethyst