Chapter 12: The Last Classes

As Scott and I enter the classroom, I see Duncan already sat with a bunch of guys who look pretty buff.

I laugh at mentally laugh at myself for calling them "buff".

Scott whispers to me, "Those are some of the guys from the football team."

"Oh okay."

Duncan then realizes that we're here. "Hey, (Y/n)." He waves to me. "Scott," he nods to him as a sort of greeting.

"Hey. Umm... I'll talk to you after class." I tell him.

"Let's go take a seat, (Y/n)." Scott tells me.

"Oh, yeah sure." I follow him to the middle of the classroom to a couple of desks right next to each other. I take one of the seats as Scott takes the one next to me.

Soon enough, more students come tumbling in. Once most of the desks fill, a teacher comes in as well.

"Good afternoon, Students." She greets. "Today we obviously have a new student. (Y/n), would you like to introduce yourself?"

I slightly glance at Scott as I stand up next to my desk.

"Uh... yeah.. hi! Um... my name is (Y/n) (L/n) I just moved here a about a few days ago. Uh... yeah that's it." I quickly say as I quietly sit back down.

Scott gives me a small smile. I guess he can tell that I don't really like attention on me.

"Well, (Y/n) welcome to Mathematics. My name is Ms. Laxon." She says giving me a smile.

I nervously laugh, "Um...thanks." I barely whisper.

"Well! Class today we will be doing more Algebra. So take out your books and a notebook and turn to page 59. Do as many problems as you can. At the end of class we would be checking it together." She announces. "And (Y/n), here's your Mathematics book." She says handing me the book.

"Uh...thanks." I say grabbing the book from her hands.

I immediately turn to the page she had said earlier and observe to questions on the page. I've never been too much of a math fan but always have been pretty good at it.

As I continue reading the questions, I recognize some of the patterns and I immediately remember the formulas for each equation.

As I start at the beginning, I complete that equation continuing into the next one. Soon enough, I've completed the whole page.

As I lean back into my chair, I shut my book with the notebook in between the pages. Scott glances my way and sees that I've closed my book.

He gives me a bewildered look, "Are you kidding me? You're already done?"

I laugh, "Yup! I've learned all this stuff earlier this year at my old school."

"Can you help me then?" He asks, practically begging me.

"Uh. Yeah of course! What do you need help on?" I ask him.

"Question number 13." He replies.

I open up my book and see the equation. "Oh, well. You have to multiply 45 and 23 first. Then, you subtract 16 from 67." But before I can continue for the next step, he interrupts me.

"Wait. Why do I have to do that?" He asks.

"Oh, well it's because it's in parentheses." I tell him.