Chapter 6: Should I?

'Should I really go to Professor Xavier's school? Or should I just stay here with Dad?' I think as the school bell went off, signalling that school was over.

I've been asking myself the same question since the minute Scott, Jean, and the Professor left. (Which was days ago.) Dad says I should go but I'm still unsure about the situation. Dad hasn't been alone since Mom passed away. I've always been here with him. And he can't just move with me. He has a good paying job and friends here. 

I continue to think over my options and before I realize it, I'm in front of our apartment door. I open the door to see, Dad, Scott, Professor Xavier sitting on the couch. 

"Hey Sweetheart! They are here to get your answer." Dad tells me. 

"Oh okay, um... I'll be back in a second." I tell them, rushing to my room. 'I should do it!' I randomly think, 'This will be a great opportunity to learn to control my powers and make new friends in the process.' 

I change into some more comfortable clothes and walk back into the living room. 

"So, Ms. (Y/n), have you made your decision yet?" Professor Xavier asks me. 

"I actually have. Dad, I've decided to go with them to the school. I think it would be a great opportunity to help me control my powers and do amazing things with them in the process." 

"If that's what you want, (Y/n). I actually think it is the right thing to do anyways." Dad tells me. 

"Thank you, Dad." I turn to Professor Xavier, "And thank you for giving me this amazing opportunity. I hope I won't cause you any trouble." 

"You won't and you are welcome. We will give you a couple more days to pack and say your good-byes." The Professor says, rolling his way to the front door.

"I will make sure you have a good time there." Jean tells me.

"I will too." Scott pipes in. 

"Thanks you guys." I tell them.

Once the three of them leave, I think to myself, 'I really am doing this. I really hope I will be okay...' 

I guess my dad saw the expression on my face because he assures me saying, "You'll be okay, (Y/n). I love you and I know you have made the right decision."

"Thanks, Dad. I love you too." I say hugging him. 

"Hey! It isn't goodbye yet! We still have a couple of days left. We might as well enjoy it as we can." 

I laugh, "How?" 

"I'm going to take you to your favorite places and spoil you rotten." He laughs.

"Thanks Dad." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey guys! So that might help you find out the relationship with (Y/n) and her Dad. So I'm thinking of doing a backstory of what happened to her mom... Tell me if I should or not... I really want to guys to tell me. 

And thank you so much for 100 reads!!! And I love how you are adding my story to your reading lists... Thank you so much!!!! 

xoxo -MangoAmethyst