Chapter 7: Jason

Tomorrow would be the day I leave for the Institute.

I continue to finish packing until I hear a knock at the door.

I open it to see Jason on the other side. I quickly let him in and we make our way to the living room. "Hey, Jason. What are you doing here?"

"Well I heard, from my dad, that you're moving. Is that true?"

"Yeah. It is. I was accepted into an Institute in Bayville." I reply, shortly. I wasn't too keen on the idea of telling him I was a "Mutant" as they call it.

"Oh. Why didn't you tell me about it?" He asks.

I quickly come up with an excuse, "I wasn't sure if I would be accepted or not."

"Okay." He replies. I could tell something was up with him. Something I couldn't quite put my finger on.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask.

"Hm? Oh yeah. I'm fine. Just a lot on my mind."

"Like?"

"School. Football. And most of all my future." He was a year older than me, Junior year, more specifically. So he had to think about college and things like that.

"If you're still worrying about that scholarship. I'm sure you'd get it." He was hoping to get a scholarship to a college in Texas.

"Yeah. Thanks. Oh! Well, I have to get going. Practice and all. Oh! When are you leaving for the Institute?"

"Tomorrow.." I drag out.

"Tomorrow?!" He exclaims, "That soon? Well I guess I should say goodbye now... So... bye (Y/n). I'll miss you."

Next thing I knew, he was hugging me. I slowly hug back. "I'll miss you, too. I'll visit soon."

"Okay. Bye, (Y/n). "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay! Hey Guys! It's been awhile! And I'm so sorry. I've been so busy lately and haven't really had the time to sit down and start writing. But thank you so much for 200+ reads!!!

Anyways... xoxo ~Mango Amethyst