Chapter 3: "Not Again"

After being at the station for a couple more hours, I decide to go home. 

"Dad, I'm going home. I'll see you later." I tell him.

"Okay, Sweetheart. I love you." 

"Love you too."

I exit the Station and start walking towards the closest bus station. I was way too tired to walk all the way to my house. I wait by the bus station for a few minutes listening to music. Finally it comes. I get onto the bus to hear yelling. More specifically a couple of teenagers yelling each other. 

"What did you say to me?" He yells.

"I told you to back off. " She retorts.

"I just wanted to ask you out!" 

"And I told you 'no' multiple times." 

This is when I decided to interfere. A guy is harassing a young lady and I won't stand for it.

"Excuse me but if she told you 'no' you should stop." I tell him. 

"Haven't you heard? Eavesdropping isn't polite." He snaps at me. 

"Well, right now, I don't care about being  polite. Now will you please leave this young lady alone?"

"This is none of your business!"

"It is when you are harassing someone!" This boy was getting on my nerves. 

"Go away!" He yells

"I will when you leave her alone." 

He steps toward me but seems to be struggling with it. What?

'Oh no.'

'Not again.'

'Why does this keep happening?'

I breath in and out.

 The man tumbles forward and runs to the door, terrified. I don't really blame him. I would be terrified too if some random girl on the bus stops me from moving. 

The second the door opened, he ran out. I realize that this was also my stop so I silently exit the bus. 

I continue to walk to my house. Once I get to the house, I go into my room and start doing my homework. It's around 4:25 when I finally finish. I start to make dinner for me and my dad. 

I decide just to make ramen and once my dad gets home I'll make his. I sit on the couch and turn on the news. Everything that's on the news is about mutants. I don't really get why people hate the fact that there are people who are different than the rest of us. 

"(Y/n)? You here?" I hear my dad enter our small 2 bedroom apartment. 

"Yeah, I'm here! I'll make you some ramen."

"Okay thanks."

I make the ramen and hand it to Dad. "Here you go."

"Thanks. (Y/n), I have a question for you."

"Yes Dad?"

"Why do you and Stephanie argue?"

"I don't know. Some days she's claiming I stole her boyfriend. Other days she's just plain mean to me for my clothes." I tell him truthfully. 

"Are you ever mean to her back?" He asks pushing the subject even further.

"Sometimes. But not all the time. Why are you asking me this?"

"Stephanie stopped me on my way here. She told me that you were rude to her and prevented her from moving. But without touching her. How did you do that?" 

"I don't know!" I yell getting tired of talking about Stephanie and all the weird occurrences going on around me. 

"Don't talk to me in that tone, young lady." Dad says sternly. 

"Can we just stop talking about Stephanie and her lies?"

"No."

"Why do you believe her? Why do you believe her lies?" I yell. 

The lights immediately turn off. 

'No.'

'Not again.'

"How did you do that?" I hear my dad ask.

"I-I- I don't know." I stutter out. My heart starts racing even harder. "Dad? What is happening?" I ask panicking.

"Sweets, calm down. Breathe in and out."

I try to calm down but I couldn't. I panic more and more each second. I then hear plates breaking and being smashed. 

"Dad! I can't! Please help me!" I cry.

"It's okay. Calm down. Just calm down."

I try again. 

'Breathe, (Y/n), breath' I think to myself. 

After breathing in and out for awhile, the lights turn back on. I open my eyes to see the pillows in the air, the dishes shattered on the floor, and me slightly levitating. 

"Dad? What is happening?" I ask.

"Honey, I need you to stop levitating things."

I imagine the pillows neatly on the couch and the dishes where they belong. 

"Good job, (Y/n). Now can you bring yourself down?" He asks calmly.

"I don't know if I can." 

"You can. Don't be scared." 

"Okay." I slowly descend back onto the floor. The second I hit the floor everything goes black.