Chapter 3 RIP Phil

Allie

~~~

"This isn't possible," I gasp. "Your heart was destroyed."

"What dark magic is this?" Sif demands from behind me. She looks around the lab as she puts her hand to her sword. "Lady Allison if you would come to my side."

Nodding I begin backing up into the lab, my eyes staying on Phil.

"Thor said you perished at the hand of Loki," Sif hisses.

"And he was right...for awhile anyway," Phil responds and hesitantly Sif removes her hand off her sword and gazes at him in shock. "But Loki wasn't the only one with some tricks up his sleeve. Turns out SHIELD had a few of their own."

While he speaks he walks around the table to stand in front of Sif and I.

"And Miss Hollden if I remember correctly you've risen from the dead twice."

"Good point," I agree and nod. "I'm glad you're alive, Clint and Natasha were devastated."

"Yes and Thor will be pleased to hear this. He considers you a friend," Sif adds and Coulson frowns slightly.

"I feel the same, which is why I'd prefer if they heard it from me, if that's okay."

Sif nods once to him and he looks to me.

"They're all devastated Phil, and I-" stopping I remember my own situation. What happened to me devastated them too, and I'm still staying away. "I understand what you're doing." Coulson gives me a sincere look and I nervously tug at my ear.

"Now Lady Sif I understand you're looking for someone," Phil prompts and Sif straightens. "Someone you came across Miss Hollden."

"I am hunting her. Lorelei. 600 years ago she used her powers to wreak havoc across the nine realms, to command armies, bring down kings, empires."

It's easy to bring down and empire when you have control of the emperor.

"What kind of powers we talking about?" Ward queries and I imagine he'll regret he did.

Coulson, and the rest of them, look at Ward.

"Strength? Speed?" Ward continues and Sif shakes her head. She appears to hold real contempt for this woman.

"Sorcery." Ward's eyebrows draw up in surprise as he nods a bit. Nervously my hands come up to hold my arms, dare I mention my abilities? "She bends and shapes the will of men to her own purpose."

"Only men? Her powers don't work on women?" May asks, slightly grinning.

"No. Men have an inherent weakness we do not share," Sif elaborated looking equally as pleased. May smirks and nods her head to the truth of this.

A question gnaws at my mind, it it based on attraction? If so I might share in the weakness.

"I can't imagine what she's talking about," Fitz grumbles. Ward makes a face and shakes his head agreeing with Fitz. They stand close by, Ward is half a step in front of Fitz, as if he'a shielding him or ready to.

"The very sound of her voice can ensnare most. For the rare man who can resist, it's her voice joined by her touch that will overpower his will," Sif continues, uncaring of the boys groanings.

"So, how do we stop her?" Cousin queries, finally asking a worthwhile question.

Sif grabs something off her belt and holds it up to Coulson, it looks like a necklace or crown.

"With this." She sets it on the table in front of herself and I lean forward to look at the Asgardian gold. "It prevents her from speaking. She wore one like it for centuries while locked in prison. She escaped when the Dark Elves invaded Asgard and came here using one of Loki's secret pathways between worlds."