Chapter 8 Rage

Allie

~~~

Strolling up into the Bus empty handed is both embarrassing and suspicious. I trust Skye and she tracked them down to that hotel room; they couldn't have gotten far from there. May and Sif both wear frowns in their faces while Coulson remains neutral.

In the cargo hold Fitz is waiting for us, "No sign of them on any surveillance around the city," he reports.

"It was a long shot. Ward knows how we work, knows to avoid cameras," Coulson says and shrugs.

"Well, I expanded my search, got satellite support running. We'll find them," Fitz promises and I raise my eyebrow. Isn't Daisy supposed to be looking for them? "I do have a bit of good news. I fixed Lorelei's neck collar."

"Let me inspect it to be sure. Asgardian metal is much different from the ore of this planet," Sif interjects and Fitz nods.

"Sure, but I think you'll find it's up to snuff. It's in your room." Fitz starts away walking away while she follows after him. I watch them leave and then sidle over to Phil and May as they walk into the lab area.

"You and Ward have the same training. You're cut from the same cloth. If it was you, where would you run to?" Phil inquires.

Before May can respond loud and insistent pounding echoes through the Bus. Her expression darkens and my suspicions become reality.

"If I was Ward, I wouldn't run."

The pounding continues and a whirring sound starts, like the plane is powering up.

"I'd take out my main threat."

"I have unfinished business with Lorelei," I mutter and inhale as heat rushes through me.

"I'll take Ward," May states.

"I'll get Fitz," Coulson finishes and we all nod to each other before running off to the upper levels of the Bus.

At the top level after the spiral stairs Phil breaks off in a different direction while May and I stick together.

We move quickly towards the cockpit, but stop short at the Command Center. Lorelei is standing guard in the doorway to the cockpit.

"Why aren't you the brave ones?" she taunts in a coy manner.

"You took my plane. I want it back," May growls and holds her fists up. Lorelei saunters closer to us, so I poise myself in a offensive position as well.

"Well...we can't always get what we want," she pauses and grins. "Actually...I can."

May prepares to throw a punch, but Lorelei hits May first knocking her a good distance away before I can even blink. May groans in pain on the floor, while Lorelei chuckles.

"You like controlling things huh? Getting what you want?" I conclude and Lorelei circles me.

"Well of course who-"

"Who wouldn't? Who wouldn't like to completely control the mind and body of another person? A man hurt you so why not hurt them all back?" I snap, unyieldingly harsh.

"You know nothing about me!"

"Oh I do though," I hiss and grab her arms. "See I am you." Lorelei halts as my skin singes hers and my veins begin turning black. "We share a similar pain."

I am not giving her my agony only forcing hers to meet mine. Her eyes widen in shock and then narrow in anger.

"You are weaker than I," she snarls and shoves me back into the Bus wall. The memory of the bar parallels this moment, but this time I will not freeze.