Theory

I walk into the hospital room to find Antonio and Mr. Albright already there.

Julien sits up a little straighter when I walk in.

"Finally!"

"Hey, these back and forth trips take hours and lots of gas, Julien."

That is like a slap across the face to her, but she's a little ungrateful right now.

"Sorry. So what did you need to tell me?"

"Okay, so I was sitting here, bored out of my mind trying to remember what went down the night I apparently 'overdosed'. I finally have proof that it wasn't me who injected the drugs."

I lower myself into one of the chairs, nervous to hear what she has to say.

"I need a pen, a piece of paper, a fork, and a needle."

Everything is brought to her, except the needle. She seems annoyed by this.

"I'm not going to do anything bad. It's just a demonstration. Leave the cover on for all I care!"

Antonio steps in, resting his hand on her shoulder.

"Just show us with what you have so far."

She rolls her eyes before picking up the fork.

"I'm right-handed, I eat using my right hand."

She makes the motion of eating before she switches out the fork for the pen and paper.

"I write with my right hand."

She draws a stick figure and writes Antonio's name at the bottom. This just makes him roll his eyes.

"And if you would get me that needle, I would be able to show you my last ounce of proof."

"Use the pen, Julien."

She glares at me, offended.

"I'm trying to prove to you that I am not a needle-junkie!"

"We can't get the needle anyway. Just show us with the pen."

"Fine."

She takes the pen in her right hand, putting the tip against the inside of her elbow.

On her left side.

"If I was the one who injected the heroin, I would have done it with the hand I'm most comfortable using. Which happens to be my right hand. That means that my left arm would be the location of the injection."

Oh my god.

"However, the needle mark is on my right arm. I'd go after Roxy again, but she's ambidextrous. Calvin is a leftie. He's drugged me once before. My guess is that he wanted to make it look like a suicide and didn't think his attack all the way through!"

She closes her mouth and Mr. Albright lifts his hand, scratching his chin.

"This might be exactly what we need to help our case. Will you be willing to take the stand tomorrow?"

"If it means putting my rapists behind bars, then yes."