Wow

I regret it the minute I walk out of the bathroom. Antonio is shirtless, standing at the little kitchenette with a pan on the stove.

"Want some eggs?"

"Breakfast for dinner?"

"You used to love all-day breakfast."

I hate the fact that he's right.

"Did you make them the same way?"

"Yeah."

"I only want a little bit."

He chuckles and shakes his head. I pull the towel from around my hair, shaking out my long hair.

I can feel someone watching me as I bend over, pulling it all over my head and running my hands through the wet mess.

When I stand up, Antonio is back to his cooking duties as if nothing happened.

"So what happened in the trial today? You were pretty mad when you left."

He tenses up, but tries to hide it.

"Calvin and Rose's lawyer, Mrs. Blitz, implied that Julien was skipping today because she is lying about the whole rape thing."

"What?!"

"Yeah. Mr. Albright didn't look too happy when the judge called it a day. He's running out of witnesses and so is the enemy. The trial will be over in a day or two if Julien doesn't get back and wrap it up sooner."

"I just wish she would come home already. She's being very childish."

"I agree but I understand that she's terrified."

"Now I'm confused. How can you agree if you like her?"

He shuts off the stove, pushing the finished eggs onto plates. Antonio puts a fork on each, handing one to me. I sit at the table with him, waiting for his answer.

"So you aren't answering?"

"I'm sorry, what question am I answering?"

He knows what I asked. He just wants me to repeat it.

"I said, if you have a crush on her, how can you agree with me?"

He takes a bite, chewing it thoroughly and swallowing before looking at me, straight-faced.

"What would you do if I said that I never had a crush on her?"