Murder

I listen as Julien answers all of the questions Mr. Albright asks her.

"Were you on drugs the night of the assault?"

"Yes. Just some Xanax and a little weed."

"How did the attackers subdue you?"

"They drugged me. The man, Calvin, stuck a needle in my arm while I was distracted and I ended up blacking out."

"What was the next thing that you remember?"

I can see the last of the happiness fading from her eyes. I can tell she's uncomfortable telling this story in front of not only one, but two new people. Antonio is leaning against the wall with an unreadable expression.

"I was on a bed, disoriented. It felt like I was in a vat of honey and my mind was drenched in cement."

"What was happening?"

I stand up, dismissing myself from the room. I can't listen to the story anymore. I start pacing, taking deep breaths to calm my angry side.

Just hearing what my sister went through makes me want to kill the people who did it to her.

I'm not a violent person either.

Antonio joins me out in the hallway soon after.

"Is she serious? Did that stuff actually happen to her?"

"Sadly, yes. There are sick people out there who attacked my sister."

"I'm going to strangle them until I watch the light fade from their eyes the minute that I figure out who they are."

Antonio is the violent one and honestly, I don't think I would stop him from murdering Calvin and Roxy in this situation.