Chapter 28 (Ending :) )

*4 years later*

It had been 4 years since Pete had asked the heart-stopping question. I couldn't breathe I was crying so hard. I mean, I obviously said yes, but we were teenagers, and I promised we would be together forever when we both knew we were stable, healthy adults.

So here we are, instead of being 17 and feeling like I was on could nine every time Pete so much as breathed in my direction, I'm now 21 and feel the exact same. Maybe my feelings have only intensified for my soon-to-be husband.

I took one last look into the mirror, the corners of my mouth slightly lifting up.

"I'm ready," I breathed to my dad, who was standing and waiting by the door.

"Let's go, Pat," he said with a watery smile.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I watched him try to gather himself. "Stop crying, dammit, look what you've done," I laughed out, gesturing to my teary eyes.

He didn't reply to my remark, but quietly said "I am so, so proud of you, Patrick." Tears slowly trickled down his aged face, making him wipe them away. "Shit, Patrick, just go get married before I start weeping in front of you."

Chuckling, I took his arm. "Love you, dad."

"I love you too, Patrick," was the last thing he said before stepping out of my 'dressing room' and walking down the small dirt path of the venue.

I smiled fondly as we passed Ryan and Brendon, who were weeping onto each other's shoulders, just like they did at their own wedding.

"We love you, Patrick," Ryan blubbered out before letting out another sob onto Brendon.

"Love you too," I whispered back.

Just up the path, I saw Tyler and Josh with their newly adopted child, Sam, who was just the cutest little thing I've ever seen.

"Hi, Uncle Patty!" Sam cried, waving, as her dark curls bouncing around her round, freckly face.

I smiled and laughed, as many others did. "Hi, Sam!" I waved back.

"Go get him, Pat," said Tyler with a wink, making Josh smack his arm. My mom, who was sitting next to them, only laughed and shook her head fondly.

I smirked, but realizing that I was at the end of the path, I took a shaky breath and looked up to see Pete. All of my breath was taken out of my body as I laid eyes on the most beautiful human I've ever seen in my life. Tears sprung to my eyes as he smiled weakly.

"Pete," I whispered.

"Yeah?" he asked, taking my hands, rubbing my knuckle with his thumb.

"I love you so much, it makes me sick," I said with a watery smile. "You are absolutely beautiful."

Pete blushed, a rare sight, but I loved it anyway. The way the pink hue even spread out onto his ears, contrasting greatly against his freshly-bleached hair. "You are the love of my life, Patrick Wentz."

I went hysterical. Just hearing the sound of my name combined with his made me feel something I never even thought was humanly possible. Tears poured, and there was no point in stopping them, so I didn't try.

I was so focused on Pete's eyes locked with mine, I never even noticed what the priest had said.

"Do you, Patrick Stump, take Pete Wentz to be your lawfully wedded husband for as long as you two shall live?" the old man asked softly.

"I do," I croaked out.

"And do you, Pete Wentz, take Patrick Stump to be your lawfully wedded husband for as long as you two shall live?"

"I do," Pete breathed out quickly, like he was holding his breath. "Oh, god, I do."

The old man's wrinkled face curved up into a soft smile as he glanced back and forth at me, then Pete. "Then I hereby pronounce you two husband and husband! You may kiss the groom!" he shouted cheerfully.

Pete dropped my hands, but grabbed my face quickly, pulling me in and attaching our lips into a long and meaningful kiss as everyone around us cheered.

"Fuck it up, Pete!" Brendon screamed from the back, making me smile on Pete's lips and kiss him even harder.

When we could no longer breathe, we both pulled away and I smiled so hard my face hurt.

"You're gorgeous," I muttered shyly, blushing.

Pete looked at me with so much love in his eyes, I could've died right there. "Cutie."

•••

AAAHHHHH ITS FINALLY OVER AND I HAVE LOTS OF IDEAS AND I WONT TAKE ANOTHER LONG ASS BREAK LIKE I DID SORRY AGAIN LMAO BUT I LOVE WHOEVER HAS SUPPORTED THIS SHITTY BOOK