Chapter 2

*Okay so let me start this chapter off by saying THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE LIKE THE FAULT IN OUR STARS !! It is going to be completely different, the only resemblance is the fact that she has cancer. No one else will alright, so I don't want a bunch of comments asking if it's the same or saying it is the same because it's not. If you feel like it is I invite you to not read it because I don't need people telling me my story is something it's not. If you like it and think it's not like tfios then continue to read it and I hope you love it!! *

"Are you alright love?" He says with a smie and I see a small dimple appear, if it wasn't for the fact that I already knew I was dying, I'd swear that he just killed me with that smile.

"Define alright." I say with a laugh and he gives one in return, we stand up and he hands me some of the medicine bottles he picked up.

"Oh um, here."

"Thanks." My face burns with embarresment, he either knows I'm sick or thinks I'm a druggy. Nice.

"What type is it?"

"Head cancer, I'm in the 10 to 30 % of people who end up with hypercalcemia with cancer." I say trying to hide my face so he can't see how red it is.

"I'm terribly sorry, I know it must be tough."

"It is but there is not point in being upset about it, I figure that I'm not going to waste what time I have left. Doctors say it's a miracle I've lived this long."

"Really? When were you diagnosed? If you don't mind my asking." He said and now his face has turned red.

"I was ten when it was found, um for a while the doctors thought that it was treated and that I was going to be okay. Then it came back and they aren't sure if it can be cured this time."

"I'm truley sorry love, really I can't even express that enough."

"It's fine, it's not your fault. We all have to die some way, mine I guess will be this way." I smile and by the look on his face it looks as if he can't tell if he should smile or hug me.

"Whats your name?"

"Melanie."

"Harry." He reached out his hand and I placed mine within his and we shook hands with an awkward yet funny smile.

"We should probably go, your parents have started calling me now Mel."

"Okay, we can go I guess."

"So um, Melanie." Harry says before I could walk away.

"Yes?"

"If you ever need to talk to anyone about this, you can talk to me."

"How do you expect me to do that?" Harry smiles and pulls out a piece of wadded up paper from his pocket and a pen from someone he's with.

"May I?" I laugh at his way of asking for my number, but I don't refuse, I write my number on the piece of paper and hand it back to him. We say our goodbyes and go our separate ways.

"Do you really think you should've given him your number?" Aron asks.

"Why not? He seems harmless, besides I have you to hurt him if he ends up being a dick." 

"Yeah your right, I'd hate to have mess up pretty boys face." Aron and I both laugh because we know he would hurt someone for me and it would be pretty bad considering Aron's dad makes him take boxing classes. 

When we get back to my house my parents are passing the floor, mom is bitting off her nails and dad is holding a glass probably filled with scotch.