Chapter 15

'Hiiii so I just wanted to say that the months down below mean that they have already passed by... except for the last month. :) love youu guys.'

-♡-♡

CHAPTER 15

...........-- OCTOBER --...........

-

..........-- NOVEMBER --........

-

..........-- DECEMBER --........

CHARLEY'S POV

It's been three months already with no Harry or any sign of him.

Yet surprisingly, I've been doing perfectly fine. Dad's been keeping me company while I'm at home, and of course Fletcher and Casey have been by my side at school and even after school hours some days.

But never during those three months was I always happy. There had been days where I would go on with my day perfectly happy and fine without Harry in my thoughts at all. But other days would be the complete opposite. I would cry myself to sleep and let all my anger out, even waking my dad up some nights. He'd come into my room and soothingly run a hand through my hair repeatedly to get me to go back to sleep, telling me that everything would be alright. Stubborn as I was those days, I'd ignore his calm words and yell at him, saying that everything wouldn't be alright and that I needed to go find Harry.

But I never attempted to go find him. Because one day, I just let it all go.

I let him go.

I shook my thoughts away and parked my car in the school parking lot, shutting off the engine afterwards. Today was the last day of school before winter break, and I couldn't be distracted whatsoever.

I stepped out of my car and immediately pulled my thin coat over my body as much as it would go. I knew I should've listened to dad and worn my big winter coat, because it was absolutely freezing outside.

I spent no time grabbing my bag and walking into the school. The warm air felt nice on my numb face as I entered the large building.

Yet not even three feet inside I noticed another large crowd circling Ms. Mary's office, just like a few months ago when Harry first came to our school.

Harry.

Just the thought of him made my stomach turn in ways I never could imagine.

He had broken my heart so bad. I really thought we had been getting somewhere in our friendship and possibly even a relationship, but apparently I had been wrong.

But to this day I still wonder why he had left that note, that little small note of his I keep under my pillow now, and why he didn't want me going with him to his house that was engulfed in flames; or even go with him in search of his sister. I could probably understand that he wanted me safe and away from the fire, but I didn't think that was the reason at all. It had something to do with his dad, I knew that to be true. The conversation they had had while I was scared out of my mind I didn't completely understand, but I knew it couldn't have been good.

His dad was after something for some reason, I did know that, and I still had to figure out that piece of the puzzle.

I pushed my way past the crowd and found myself face to face with the glass doors that led to Ms. Mary's office. I was very curious now as to what was going on, since the sounds of the crowd were slowly increasing in volume.