Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

"I'll start with the basics." Harry shifted himself a little, probably getting comfortable on my bed.

I nodded and smirked, excited by the fact that this infatuating boy was something more than just a human being.

And I would learn everything about what exactly he was.

But something at the back of my mind kept telling me to be afraid for some reason.

"Well, um. . . I was born a ghost. My mother and my. . . father," His jaw tensed. "Are both ghosts, which caused me and my sister to be the same."

I frowned. "But you don't look like a ghost."

He smirked. "That's the thing. I don't want to be a ghost, so I'm in the process of becoming human."

"In the process?"

"Yeah." He gave me a look like I should already know what this means and make perfect sense of it.

"I don't understand."

"Well, Charley, in order for a ghost to become a human. . . they need to experience every human emotion. Which I've already done that - except for one." His gaze shifted to the large purple blanket on my mattress.

My eyebrows crossed. "Which one are you missing?"

He sighed heavily and ran a hand through his beautiful, thick curls. "Love."

I gasped and looked away from him, focusing on my bedroom door a few feet in front of me.

So, he had experienced everything; pain, happiness, sorrow, anger. . . And many more.

But never in his life. . . felt love?

"What are you thinking?" He suddenly asked me, and my head shot in his direction.

"I just. . . I can't believe you've never experienced love before."

He shook his head. "Never."

"Not even from your sister or your mom?"

He shook his head again. "Well, I mean, not really. They're protective over me but I don't think they love me."

"I'm sure they do, Harry. They're your family!"

"So?" He spit back, but not harshly. "Still doesn't mean I can get any love from them."

"Okay." I didn't push the subject any more. I didn't want him getting angry.

"Sorry." He said, biting his lip.

Woah that's hot.

"So, um. . . Why do you want to become a human? Why not just stay a ghost?" I asked, quickly changing the subject as I felt my cheeks heat up.

He sighed and looked down at his hands. "Charley. . . If I stay a ghost, then. . . I'll become like him."

I nodded in understandment.

He was talking about his father.

"Oh. Well that's a good reason."

"Yeah, I know. I just want to become one soon so I can also stop taking those damn pills." He chuckled.

Pills?

"What pills?" I asked, puckering up my lips.

He looked up at me calmly. "Well, if ghosts want to be human without actually becoming one, they take pills that makes them human for a certain amount of time. My family does that. Except for Gems." He smiled. "She's already human."